Active Topics

Notices

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I just installed the newest midlets.
One of the apps (midlet) is called whatsapp, but it's NOT whatsapp! it's some app called Qute...

Please don't confuse people with this.....
Can you fix this please?

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 306 | Thanked: 603 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Belgium
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
I just installed the newest midlets.
One of the apps (midlet) is called whatsapp, but it's NOT whatsapp! it's some app called Qute...

Please don't confuse people with this.....
Can you fix this please?
Sorry about this. Someone gave me a pointer to this app on the
previous page of this forum, but I did not test it myself thoroughly
as I am not a WhatsApp user myself. I removed the midlet from
my latest package.

http://davy.preuveneers.be/phoneme/public/maemo/deb/

Thanks for reporting this.

Regards
Davy

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DavyP For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Perth, Australia
I have just started testing phoneME for the purpose of getting Verisign VIP Access to work (http://m.verisign.com) on an N9.

So far in my trials neither the Sony Ericsson nor Nokia versions work (there is no obviously generic J2ME version). The version for the Motorola RAZR V3 gets as far as an 0x8 error (Verisign code) when attempting to "activate" itself over the Internet for both 3G and Wifi connections already connected. (It gets an 0xb error when there's no Internet connection at all.) It appears this could be a https or wap connection problem. (Or maybe encryption support in general as that is how it creates its key values, but I don't think it's getting that far.)

There is nothing at all in the console output of note. I run it with the command:
/opt/phoneme/bin/cvs -Xmx12m -Dmicroedition.profiles=MIDP-2.1 -Dsun.midp.library.name=midp -Dsun.midp.home.path=/opt/phoneme/midp/midp_linux_fb_gcc -Dcom.sun.midp.mainClass.name=com.sun.midp.main.Cdc MIDletSuiteLoader sun.misc.MIDPLauncher -suitepath mvip_030006_moto_m-v3_u_en_US_VSS.jar -jadpath mvip_030006_moto_m-v3-u_en_US_VSS.jad -1 MVClient

The app can be downloaded from http://m.verisign.com but first you have to spoof your user agent in your browser to get the download button and then open the JAD file in a text editor to get the JAR file download URL. You have to give phoneme the JAD file because Verisign adds a lot of custom properties.

I don't expect any help on this due to the closed source. I could email Verisign later but I wouldn't expect much from them.

The Following User Says Thank You to jkingok For This Useful Post:
I've an applet, that worked very well, until I experimented too much with it's (built-in) settings, and it started to missbehave. Now it's not even possible to start it properly, to restore default settings.

Which files should I delete, to make it act like run for first time? Keep in mind, please, that I also have other midlets and I would like to keep their settings, if possible (so, delete only data of particular middlet in question - any way to identify such files?).

Thanks a lot, in advance, for answer.

/Estel

Ps.

Davy, how Your struggle with Nokia Store ended? You succeed to overcome obstacles, submitted it, and will receive N9 from device program?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-06-29 at 02:42.

Originally Posted by jkingok View Post
I have just started testing phoneME for the purpose of getting Verisign VIP Access to work (http://m.verisign.com) on an N9.

So far in my trials neither the Sony Ericsson nor Nokia versions work (there is no obviously generic J2ME version). The version for the Motorola RAZR V3 gets as far as an 0x8 error (Verisign code) when attempting to "activate" itself over the Internet for both 3G and Wifi connections already connected. (It gets an 0xb error when there's no Internet connection at all.) It appears this could be a https or wap connection problem. (Or maybe encryption support in general as that is how it creates its key values, but I don't think it's getting that far.)

There is nothing at all in the console output of note. I run it with the command:
/opt/phoneme/bin/cvs -Xmx12m -Dmicroedition.profiles=MIDP-2.1 -Dsun.midp.library.name=midp -Dsun.midp.home.path=/opt/phoneme/midp/midp_linux_fb_gcc -Dcom.sun.midp.mainClass.name=com.sun.midp.main.Cdc MIDletSuiteLoader sun.misc.MIDPLauncher -suitepath mvip_030006_moto_m-v3_u_en_US_VSS.jar -jadpath mvip_030006_moto_m-v3-u_en_US_VSS.jad -1 MVClient

The app can be downloaded from http://m.verisign.com but first you have to spoof your user agent in your browser to get the download button and then open the JAD file in a text editor to get the JAR file download URL. You have to give phoneme the JAD file because Verisign adds a lot of custom properties.

I don't expect any help on this due to the closed source. I could email Verisign later but I wouldn't expect much from them.
I downloaded the app and could not get it to work either. However,
I did not investigate thoroughly what could be the problem.

Note though, there seems to be a generic version. I used the
'links' console browser and with that I could download a version called:

mvip_030006_Generic_b-u_en_US_VSS.jad
mvip_030006_Generic_b-u_en_US_VSS.jar

The cause of the problem could be quite diverse. Beyond the
reasons you mentioned, it could also be due to some (root)
certificates not being present.

From a network perspective, for phoneME it does not make a
difference whether you are using 3G or WiFi.

Davy

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
I've an applet, that worked very well, until I experimented too much with it's (built-in) settings, and it started to missbehave. Now it's not even possible to start it properly, to restore default settings.

Which files should I delete, to make it act like run for first time? Keep in mind, please, that I also have other midlets and I would like to keep their settings, if possible (so, delete only data of particular middlet in question - any way to identify such files?).

Thanks a lot, in advance, for answer.

/Estel

Ps.

Davy, how Your struggle with Nokia Store ended? You succeed to overcome obstacles, submitted it, and will receive N9 from device program?
If you look into the directory /opt/phoneme/midp/midp_linux_fb_gcc/appdb there are a bunch of files starting with FFFFFFFF and ending with the .db file extension. If you are lucky, you can recognize the name of the midlet in the filename. You can try to delete that one (but I would recommend making a copy first).

Regarding the N9 device, Nokia Support did not respond to my request for information so at this point phoneME is not published in the Nokia Store. I asked some people at Oracle familiar with my ports for advice (as most of the code is owned by Oracle), and they said Oracle legal would object publishing it in the Nokia Store due to incompatibilities of Nokia's Terms and Conditions with phoneME's original GPLv2 license.

However, Quim from Nokia said they would send me device anyhow as I did all I could to get it published. If phoneME would work much better on the N9 than it does now, it would open up ways to run more applications. So I am looking forward to receiving the N9 pretty soon.

Davy

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DavyP For This Useful Post:
Thanks a lot Davy, it worked! My middlet in question was splitting multiple database files with cryptic names, but I was able to identify db's of all other middlets,so deleted by elimination. I saw this directory before, and suspected that it's where it lies, but was little afraid to delete due to mentioned cryptic names.
---

It's nice to hear, that You will receive well deserved N9

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 136 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Hungary
I can't install the latest build. It's looking for something, then there a message: can't install it.

Originally Posted by Arthuro_Adam View Post
I can't install the latest build. It's looking for something, then there a message: can't install it.
This is too little information for me to figure out what is wrong.

Do you have the 'unzip' utility installed? It is a dependency of
of the cvm deb package that in the early builds was not included
in the package description.

Davy

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by DavyP View Post
This is too little information for me to figure out what is wrong.

Do you have the 'unzip' utility installed? It is a dependency of
of the cvm deb package that in the early builds was not included
in the package description.

Davy
I thought that

I don't know what's that unzip utility, but I haven't got any problem with the other builds but the latest.

My N9 has hungarian languange, so I don't know the exact message, that the phone sends, but something like that:
First: "Preparing for install" and "Looking for the programs that need for the install"

After that, the "Can't install" and "Can't find the installer "something".

Maybe it's the unzip utility.

Thanks for your help.