Posts: 193 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
Jolla camera:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tde0iTdKvgs

Barnabas Collins

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kollin For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
It even appears as if the Jolla captures slightly more details. Impressive.
I highly doubt that, but, I was never expecting anything great when it comes to imaging, if it's close to (or slightly better than) the N9 I'll be happy.

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-12-04 at 19:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Hmm, I wonder if I can transfer mine to somebody in the EU. Is that even possible? Perhaps it could help out somebody - I pre-ordered on day one (May 20, 2013) but with the 0€ package.
I preordered 0 package too. But current lack of 3G support and most probable lack of LTE compatible bands either means that they'll process my order only when another production batch targeted for US will come out. And they said they "have no plans"for it "at this time".

Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by att View Post
I have heard that some people have gone to the DNA shops and asked about it. At least one DNA sales person has said that they expect to have Jolla available for second wave preorders at 9.12. and for general availability at 12.12. I take those dates as preliminary and subject to change, for example depending on how fast they can ship the first wave preorders for Finland.
Thanks for the info man. I plan on getting my hands on a jphone from dna somehow so this year sounds reasonable enough.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
Updated my OP and thread title. I think it's good now
Updated again, to make it not that strict. Opinions?

By the way, hopefully I didn't sound too arrogant here, somehow it came across like that to me. I'm sorry if I offended anyone, wasn't the purpose.

Last edited by Thoke; 2013-12-05 at 20:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to Thoke For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
As mentioned here....
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=91915&page=6
I reckon it should be a bit more specific than that, + no need for another dedicated reviews thread IMO.
But, I guess this close enough...
Won't be following anyway, have been away from TMO for past ~24hr, & this'll be my last post for 2013.

Seasons well wishes everyone.

i want to see a more than 30 minutes video review of jolla.

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Business Insider named Jolla among top 18 Startups of the year 2013

http://www.businessinsider.com/best-...tphone-users-3

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
I saw this article - 5 Signs the Tech Industry Finally Ran Out of Ideas in 2013 - and after reading the article, and the final paragraph, on page 2, where the author says...

I'm sure the Next Big Thing is hiding out there, somewhere, on the drawing board or in a secret beta, and I'm sure it's wonderful and it will be the gadget that finally brings meaning to my life. But as 2013 winds to a close, all I can say is they're doing a bang-up job of keeping that **** under wraps.
... I keep thinking, take a look at Jolla!

Added to that, the article finishes with Number 1 sign, that the industry ran out of ideas, being:

#1. 2013 Was the Year Google Finally Turned Evil

Tags
jolla, latest news, sailfish