Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
sorry to read that, ammyt; hope, we'll see you again some day...

@wmarone: as ammyt said, he didn't do all those 82 flashes after uninstalling conky...

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
I actually dropped my N900 today, I don't if it is anyhow, anyway related but it was a hell of a drop. The screen was scratched a bit from the corner, and some minor damage to the metal rim, but it was working. Anyway, *no comments.*

Originally Posted by geekgirl74 View Post
@wmarone: as ammyt said, he didn't do all those 82 flashes after uninstalling conky...
Finally somebody who understands...

Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
I actually dropped my N900 today, I don't if it is anyhow, anyway related but it was a hell of a drop. The screen was scratched a bit from the corner, and some minor damage to the metal rim, but it was working. Anyway, *no comments.*
why didn't you say that earlier? so I guess, a severe hardware damage isn't excluded any longer... the poor thingy, feeling really sorry for you. Whatever device you'll go to buy now, I hope it'll last much longer than this one...

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 78 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Dec 2010
I think your EMMC got deattached, it is a common problem that happened with many N900 users, are you comfortable in striping your N900 apart?

Originally Posted by geekgirl74 View Post
No, but 82 reflashes over the lifetime of the device is wholly ridiculous unless you're doing OS level development or some pretty hefty hacking of the whole OS and somehow left yourself in an unusable state.

Somehow I suspect that wasn't what ammyt is doing

Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
No, but 82 reflashes over the lifetime of the device is wholly ridiculous unless you're doing OS level development or some pretty hefty hacking of the whole OS and somehow left yourself in an unusable state.

No actually I did 82 reflashes since 2009, for many reasons, call me a reflasher, but it happened. Cuz every time I mod my device, things start to crap out, a reflash would solve it. Whenever I install kernel-power and want to uninstall it, whenever I install Nitdroid and want to uninstall it, I reflash the whole thingy. Then, I decide to stop crapping things and have a normal smartphone, but I get bored, so I mod things up and the cycle begins again.

Last edited by ammyt; 2011-02-23 at 21:36.

Originally Posted by XxJacobxX View Post
I think your EMMC got deattached, it is a common problem that happened with many N900 users, are you comfortable in striping your N900 apart?
To be honest, I did strip my N900 once ago, but I'll never do it again. (It was for tightening up the sliding keyboard according to the tehkseven way)

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by wmarone View Post

You however DID SAY "82 reflashes and this after removing conky is completely and totally abnormal."

You might at least frankly say "I was wrong". And in order to make that particular misstatement you had to flat out ignore what the OP said in unambiguous language. When you aren't paying any attention to the facts presented, what do you think happens to your credibility?

Also, I don't think 82 reflashes is all that weird, believe it or not. Flashing is not wrong, it's a tool. I reflashed my N800 quite a bit right after I got it; it didn't do me any harm. My N800 is still doing fine.

Last edited by geneven; 2011-02-23 at 21:40.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:

Tags
killed my babe, n950 next