Active Topics

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Ames IA, USA
Ohhhhhh Shut up Steve Jobs!!!

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ San Diego
Yes Jobs is a blowhard - however, consider:

Maemo has binary closed parts as well.

MeeGo/Intel
"we at Intel believe that software-related technology should continue to be afforded the opportunity to obtain patent protection."
http://www.jamesshuggins.com/h/tek1/...tent_intel.htm

Nokia and Intel defensive on MeeGo Linux patents
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/05...oid_microsoft/

Open source has closed parts and is funded by software patent holders that do not share the core high value modules.

How much money is Google making off Android, its closed more than other open source projects to give Google control (deception = evil)

so, Jobs is a Jack Axx, but has a valid point about Android, the most closed open source project ever.

Originally Posted by MeeGoTV View Post
How much money is Google making off Android, its closed more than other open source projects to give Google control (deception = evil)
Can you imagine actually needing a mantra that says, "Don't Be Evil?" You wake up every morning saying, "Okay, yesterday was a small setback, but today I'm truly not going to be evil." Sick.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MeeGoTV View Post
Yes Jobs is a blowhard - however, consider:

Maemo has binary closed parts as well.
And people have given Nokia well deserved crap for it.

MeeGo/Intel
"we at Intel believe that software-related technology should continue to be afforded the opportunity to obtain patent protection."
http://www.jamesshuggins.com/h/tek1/...tent_intel.htm
Intel does not speak for MeeGo, and frankly Intel is wrong. Software patents are great if you're a patent troll or looking to keep new competitors from rising in the market. They're bad if you actually want to innovate.

Open source has closed parts and is funded by software patent holders that do not share the core high value modules.
This sentence makes no sense.

The Following User Says Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
well i just know that steve jobs have just got a away on stirring the tech market.. he is just like a hunter waiting to devour a prey and coming out clean.. pretty deceptive.... really

N9 64gb black

Originally Posted by zaoltryence View Post
well i just know that steve jobs have just got a away on stirring the tech market.. he is just like a hunter waiting to devour a prey and coming out clean.. pretty deceptive.... really
I just cannot picture a skinny bald guy in a turtleneck as a hunter