Originally Posted by nuknuk View Post
i would go for the nokia n8
Never going back to symbian. I'd actually get a Nexus One if it had a QWERTY keyboard.

What's really bothering me about the Milestone is the fact that it says MOTOROLA on it. Seriously, I hate that company. If it had a HTC logo on it I'd be way happier heh.
________
HZ ENGINE

Last edited by nax3000; 2011-03-18 at 13:00.

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by fms View Post
Sorry, I am not sure what you mean here. Have I ever been impolite with you? Are you feeling you are not getting enough respect? Please, do speak up, do not hesitate, I am sure everybody would love to know.
Please stop to force it further. This is not a place for personal war. Even if you write polite and with respect, the message between the lines is telling other.

nax on the other hand: Chill! If you are asking for opinion don't be offended if they do not fit your understandings. Google has so much information on both phones and rating sites put them right next to each other. Please make my day and stop being a little child that wants the hand if you don't like what the hand looks like.

Originally Posted by chemist View Post
Please stop to force it further. This is not a place for personal war. Even if you write polite and with respect, the message between the lines is telling other.

nax on the other hand: Chill! If you are asking for opinion don't be offended if they do not fit your understandings. Google has so much information on both phones and rating sites put them right next to each other. Please make my day and stop being a little child that wants the hand if you don't like what the hand looks like.
Well, hoping to get respectful posts while trying to be as nice and as respectful as I can be myself, considering this is a competitive platform community IS asking too much, I guess. Oh well, I'm not really offended. Just disappointed a little because I was expecting too much out of this community.

In any case, I decided to stay with my N900. I got a closer look at the Milestone and it's not really all that's cracked up to be. The N900 is faster, better organized desktop and overall better browser. Even though the slimmer, lighter and IMO better looking device is quite tempting, the N900 is overall better and (wait for it) more stable.
________
NEW MEXICO MARIJUANA DISPENSARY

Last edited by nax3000; 2011-03-18 at 13:01.

Originally Posted by chemist View Post
What personal war? Unlike some people getting religious about their platform, I am trying to be supportive of the guy's choice. He is, after all, doing everybody a favor here. Sad, really sad how good intentions never go unpunished...

Originally Posted by fms View Post
What personal war? Unlike some people getting religious about their platform, I am trying to be supportive of the guy's choice. He is, after all, doing everybody a favor here. Sad, really sad how good intentions never go unpunished...
Wow, you're not letting it go are you? Continuing with you're "subtle" cynicism. Are you like this in real life too? Why don't you do everybody a "favor" and stop acting like a douche.

Anyway, mods can delete this thread as it serves no purpose anymore.
________
Amateur Swingers

Originally Posted by nax3000 View Post
Never going back to symbian. I'd actually get a Nexus One if it had a QWERTY keyboard.

What's really bothering me about the Milestone is the fact that it says MOTOROLA on it. Seriously, I hate that company. If it had a HTC logo on it I'd be way happier heh.
Get a case to cover it? I covered the Nokia on mine (I hate logos too)

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
He obviously never flashed his N900 with the leaked fw it improved it 100% no way would i go back to android after realising that Nokia are just slow slow but in the end get there ha.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
lol, I wonder if there will still be people advocating for the leaked firmware over the final PR1.2 when it's released... (in 2012).
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
He obviously never flashed his N900 with the leaked fw it improved it 100% no way would i go back to android after realising that Nokia are just slow slow but in the end get there ha.
I've been itching to try the leaked pr 1.2 but I heard some really bad stuff concerning bugs and what have you..
Also I really want to try to OC it to 800mhz.. I'm going to wait for a few months to see if N900 are dropping like flies because of this heh..

@ysss did you read the front page news about pr 1.2? Seems like it was delayed infinitely..
________
The amazing race forum

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Chicago
I got the Nexus One after the N900. You won't be mad and you can get apps to your heart's content. Open, free license, whatever. It is all the same to the end-user that doesnt program and just wants their phone to work. The N900 works but I am disappointed in Nokia for releasing a device that could have changed everything, but released something that is just another page in a big book. Commercial development seems to be dead and this promised QT upgrade or whatever has taken so long I can imagine that if someone wrote a program they would have given up on it already without getting feedback (for bugs)or money (paid for their hard work) or any type of confirmation to the update for the phone. They are reckless at Nokia and they are playing with people's money. It would only seem prudent that Nokia would respond to, or at the very least give some sort of indication as to, the release of the update. With so much misinformation you would hope they could nail down a time frame for release. I am watching on the sidelines and if they get it together I will buy the next N900 device made available.