Active Topics

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
My speculation is that there won't be a significant PR1.3.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
What i like about android is that maybe nexus is not the best and last phone. there were other android phones before and after, but as there is "google" written on it - it gets updatesd and releases and one of the first, as there are phones that are still not out and may wouldn't get 2.2 at all.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
pr1.3 wont be out for 3 years

Well, now PR1.2 is here, judging by the time it took I think PR1.3 will either be a trick or a treat if you know what i mean

will it fix my internet radio stream bumming out every 2 seconds?

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Poland
I'm waiting for Santa Claus if you know what I mean

Give them a break the have delivered on the ovi situation and the pr1.2 maybe we are not as hated as once thought.

Originally Posted by shockr View Post
PR 1.3 wishlist in order of preference:
- Ovi Maps turn-by-turn voice navigation
- Number of emails displayed per page customisable in email client
- Flash 10.1
- Portrait mode
Those would probably be my top four as well, although I would put Portrait mode at #1 and Flash 10.1 at #2. Additionally, if I had a genie, I would ask for the following:

-Allow me to return a call from the call log using any of the available calling out services at my disposal. Nokia has actually made users jump through more hoops to establish a VOIP call than in earlier firmware versions.

-In Media Player, provide a full screen width location seek bar. It is almost possible to jump to a reasonably precise location within longer files.

-Add a simple file system / tree view mode to media player. A LOT of people hate the tag oriented / media crawler setup, which doesn't work with the way a lot of people manage their media collections.

-Add an "add to queue" option in file manager

-Add a way to disable accelerometer based screen orientation detection and instead manually rotate screen using a simple gesture, button, etc. I frequently find the accelerometer guessing wrong and rotating the screen at awkward moments and having to flip the keyboard open to get it back in the correct orientation.

-Dedicated Ovi Store application instead of the poor web browser based app browsing/purchasing experience.

-Proper PC Suite / Ovi Suite support

-Wifi Hotspot functionality built in

-Proper phone profiles support

-Voice dialing

Originally Posted by shockr View Post
PR 1.3 wishlist in order of preference:
- Ovi Maps turn-by-turn voice navigation
- Number of emails displayed per page customisable in email client
- Flash 10.1
- Portrait mode
I need just turn-by-turn and Flash 10. But I assume we will never get those on n900. next fm updates would be jst rare minors 1.2.x.

need to start speculation about another nokia phone on meego, hopefully it'll get there.

the thruth is that n900 was the best nokia cell ever and nokia make it the worst (from another standpoint) at the same time.

I agree completely. The navigation is a real issue. We need automatic route recalculation when diversions/wrong turn as well - this is basic for sat nav.

Tags
early start, firmware, fremantle, future, jump the gun, maemo, maemo 5, myth continued, not again, pr 1.3, pr1.3, product release, some1 shoot him, speculation, update, wait, wait for pr1.4, waiting, waiting more