Active Topics

Notices

Poll: Is this thread useful ?
Poll Options
Is this thread useful ?

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by illemann View Post
i would be very happy to help testing. The problem is that even though the software is really almost crap (the phone apps) i still need my phone (sorry the computer....) for my work. This of course makes me feel nervous about bricking my n900. So i rather wait for the software to be released as tested thoroughly (hmm spelling that word isnt easy....). Maybe if nokia made an effort bringing out some emulator for the pc i could test them there....?? or a N900 for a special price and if you test, say 10 applications in a serous way. You will be able to keep the n900 for that price?
http://maemovmware.garage.maemo.org/.../download.html

e: no use wishing anything like that. just buy a $50 handset if you need phone badly and want to risk it with n900.

ee: just realized I've installed a lot of possibly unstable applications to my device because of that:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Testing_Squad

plus two recent FW updates via xterm (app manager had conflicts) and the device has been working fully. STILL I AM NOT SUGGESTING THIS KIND OF BEHAVIOUR!
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Last edited by ossipena; 2010-02-25 at 06:21.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Fiji Islands
onedotzero has problems starting up on my n900. any suggestions? it comes up and closes.

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
@mfr - no need to go off topic
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Chennai, India
Hey,

Am a new user of n900 and found a new problem with firefox. For every restart of this mobile, Firefox functions only one. When i start it second time, it shuts down itself.

Maybe i can re install the firefox, but i'd like to get in depth of this bug that am currently facing.

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris
Why on earth did'nt you link the app names to the app pages ?!?

Tags
apps, thread considered harmful, why???