Active Topics

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Um, actually, around here. It actually seems to be. . . .
Damn your broken sarcasm detector!

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by xobegnaro View Post
Having a masters degree in information systems doesn't hurt either.
I call your bluff. You can't possibly have a master's degree under twelve.

(grabs pitchfork) Shenanigans!

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Wow this dude is like herpes on the face of a good looking girl.

Every time you think it has gone away, an ugly canker sore opens up on her lip and usually sticks around for about 2 weeks.

And by the way OB or XO or Drunken Cuban or whoever you post as, expecting a different outcome when you do the exact same thing over and over again is not considered a sign of intelligence.

SLN member # 009

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Maldives
I must say, for a public forum to be of any decent level of popularity or activity it must and it is a MUST to have at least one troll. Why? because it indicates even the stupidest of the stupid people in the society also like that forum

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leeds UK
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Hidden trap doors?
Don't you open that trapdoor

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Ontario, Canada
BTW the "stupidest of stupid people aka OrangeBox" has a FIDE rating of 2217.
That's as may be, but anyone can play checkers.

My own FUD rating is 10+5i

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
That was sapporobaby. And based on one really funny post, he hated Milhouse more than me. That was a letdown. I know I tried harder than Milly.
He was, I'm ashamed to admit, too easy. The final ranting expletive laden post from his alter-ego was pure class, particularly when he had a go at himself just to add that extra degree of authenticity!

It is sad though when someone is banned, but at the end of the day this community doesn't need people who talk trash and intentionally spread misinformation and lies for their own pleasure. I admit I don't really know the circumstances behind the banning of OrangeBox - I must have skipped over all of his posts - I am willing to trust the mods and Reggie to use their discretion and get it right when deciding to ban a member.

If bans were occurring left and right then I think there'd be cause for concern, but one or two (that I can recall) in something like 5 years doesn't sound like a problem.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
As I said before I can generate interest and consequently traffic by offering my views on any topic. You may or may not agree with my views, style or approach, but that's your issue, not mine.
Hmmm... ego, much?

So what do you think of the diamond formation and is it likely to win Chelsea the Premier League title this year? I'm interested in your thoughts - hopefully the forum servers will be able to survive the onslaught of traffic that ensues.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Also, if you don't believe me, look at how many times people called me names or gave offensive remarks. Then check how many times I did the same. You'd be surprised to see the result.
How do we count, one for one? Does a "you are all <whatever>" count as one or we multiply by number of registered members?

Besides, I think that the forum software has no sense of humor. I wish I'd write it.

It's have an option to f* with user. With several options.

For example, half an hour after he posts, all his sentences are scrambled so he comes across like a raving lunatic.

Or mysteriously removing posts randomly, then popping them back in. Also, remove all posts containing "post" and "removed".

Or disabling the "Submit Reply" button once the length of the post crosses 400 bytes.

Randomly translating the post into Chinese and back again, and then to German and back again via Google translate.

I take requests.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
You see, people determined and intelligent enough like me can overcome any pitiful banning techniques. Having a masters degree in information systems doesn't hurt either.
Determination, intelligence and even a Masters Degree--and you were brilliant enough to reveal yourself? Did you ever see that Monty Python skit on 'How Not To Be Seen?' YOU FAIL **BOOM**

Originally Posted by ndi View Post
I call your bluff. You can't possibly have a master's degree under twelve.

(grabs pitchfork) Shenanigans!
Agreed. Saying you have a degree in something doesn't make it so. More importantly, even if it were true, possession of a certification or a degree has proven to be a poor indicator of actual performance or intelligence one way or the other.

Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
If bans were occurring left and right then I think there'd be cause for concern, but one or two (that I can recall) in something like 5 years doesn't sound like a problem.
Yeah. Thankfully, trolls are rare here. Good thing they don't ban for cynicism--I'd have been gone a LONG time ago.