Active Topics

Notices

The new season of Doctor Who is here, which is as good a reason as any to see if there is any life in BeBeCe or if Auntie's latest iObfuscations have made it all to difficult.

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
I haven't looked into this for a while, as I've been busy with my other projects, but I presume there is still no way to obtain a stream that is playable on the N900. If/when this changes, I will be happy to continue working on this.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Reading, Berkshire, UK
There may be a way. Turns out that a LOT of people have been shouting for more open access to the Beeb - if a case can be put under this - the Trust have rolled out a proposed revised syndication policy...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctrust/news/p...dication.shtml

There are calls for an API to be developed and released, so playback clients can be designed separate to the Beeb - leaving it up to them to handle encoding, control and playout.

We have till the 21st Dec 2011 to make a case for one... this could then extend down the line and all that...

Thoughts?