Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 536 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Russia
they are shown as nokia sans. my current fonts

Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
Originally Posted by zurrain101 View Post
they are shown as nokia sans. my current fonts
because your n900 has picked them as the default file cause of the name of your font files

i ruined my phone. n900 couldnt just let me change my font like a good boy

now theyr back same. i copied all files back the backup i made. and its back now. i deleted all files again and put my fonts but this time its not coming

just help me set the walkaway fonts. i dont need any other font.

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
first of all....
you dont need to copy your font to usr/share/fonts folder manually....
just use theme customizer & import the font from any folder you put in...open TC & click on the status bar...there an option to import font from folder...that is the proper way to do it on the first place....
second....as i read from pages 1 you didnt mention (or i didnt see it) did you try restoring the theme to it default??? you should try it & see what will happen....
third....if the problem still persist then use filebox,winscp or open SSH & go to....

home/user/.fontconfig (delete all config files)
usr/var/cache/fontconfig (delete all files)

after deleting all files reboot your phone & see the effects....
your font will be back to normal if you do it correctly...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pusak gaoq For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by pusak gaoq View Post
first of all....
you dont need to copy your font to usr/share/fonts folder manually....
just use theme customizer & import the font from any folder you put in...open TC & click on the status bar...there an option to import font from folder...that is the proper way to do it on the first place....
second....as i read from pages 1 you didnt mention (or i didnt see it) did you try restoring the theme to it default??? you should try it & see what will happen....
third....if the problem still persist then use filebox,winscp or open SSH & go to....

home/user/.fontconfig (delete all config files)
usr/var/cache/fontconfig (delete all files)

after deleting all files reboot your phone & see the effects....
your font will be back to normal if you do it correctly...
When i use theme customizer it sets the font but it doesnt change everything, i cant change themain menu font

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
Originally Posted by vir3us View Post
When i use theme customizer it sets the font but it doesnt change everything, i cant change themain menu font
do you have CSSU installed on your phone???
if you do then i wont be any problem at all but as i recalled your problem is base on hildon desktop...i suggest you update your hildon desktop to the latest...
i did have the same problem like you before but after i update my hildon desktop the problem solved...

if you want to know how to update hidden files from HAM there two way....
1.using FAM (faster application manager)...install it if you dont have it on your phone...if you do the update your catalog..as soon as you catalog have been updated then go to upgrade applications..at this you might see some upgrade files but if you press the category filter (C button on the below right sides) choose all packages (advanced)...if you do this then all hidden update will be show up...then you can apdate all...
2. using x-terminal....open your x-term then type...

root
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

this is the way to update hidden files on your phone...

Ok thankyou will try this now and let you know, dont have fam or cssu just recently flashed my phone.

Last edited by vir3us; 2011-05-29 at 20:16.

Just installed CSSU, FAM, found out i also needed some ssu thing so i installed that aswell. When all these are done do i just change the font in theme customizer or do i have to open the cssu apps and tick any boxes? Cheers

Tags
lol@yasirrfc, spoonfeed alert, yasirrfc