Active Topics

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Originally Posted by mistermix View Post
The T-Mobile claim is that the announcement is a "game changer". The "game" is that T-Mobile is #4 in subscribers, with the smallest 3G network. Going 4G is not going to attract a significant number of subscribers when most don't even have a 3G capable smartphone. Only a pricing plan radically low enough to attract a significant new set of subscribers could do that.

That new plan would have to be cheap enough to (a) make it worthwhile for subscribers locked-in to other carriers to pay a cancellation penalty to move to T-Mobile, and (b) attract prepaid subscribers from other networks.

We'll see. I'm skeptical that T-Mob will do it, but I'd love to see a price war in the US wireless market.
I think it might indeed be a lower priced plan, AT&T just announced the other day http://www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?n=4968

Maybe they got wind of what T-Mobile is really up to, because their cheapest plan was $69.99 for only 650 minutes. We'll see either this Sunday or next, what exactly it is.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ A place with no mountains
Originally Posted by spinnukur View Post
I think it might indeed be a lower priced plan, AT&T just announced the other day http://www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?n=4968

Maybe they got wind of what T-Mobile is really up to, because their cheapest plan was $69.99 for only 650 minutes. We'll see either this Sunday or next, what exactly it is.
I hope you are right that part of the "game changing strategy" from T-Mobile is this $50 unlimited voice, 3g data and text plan.

That will kick AT&T's butt, even with this new lower price GoPhone plan (which does not include 2g data or 3g data from what I saw at your link).

And it would be great to also find out that T-Mobile is ready to leap frog the other providers with a 4g network.

Add in the N900 and it could not get any better. Let's hope it becomes reality.

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Chicago/D.C./Katowice
i hope they introduce some sort of family data plan

or even better yet free incoming

Last edited by UCOMM; 2009-10-10 at 20:24.

Not that this matters...I was watching this video and at 58 seconds you can see it says T Mobile on the screen
It pops up a lot in the video, so my thought is it will be soon

Last edited by bazz; 2009-10-10 at 18:59.

Originally Posted by bazz View Post
Not that this matters...I was watching this video and at 58 seconds you can see it says T Mobile on the screen
It pops up a lot in the video, so my thought is it will be soon
That's because the phone will only work with T-Mobile's 3G network, so it would be logical to have a T-Mobile sim card in the phone at this event to show off it's 3G capability.

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/...lack-handsets/

Looks like the n900 will be coming to tmobile as well as some new data plans. Good news for all
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Are people who pre-ordered going to wait for the subsidized version of the N900... I wonder what other N9XX is Tmobile going to subsidized along with N900?

Originally Posted by remister View Post
Are people who pre-ordered going to wait for the subsidized version of the N900... I wonder what other N9XX is Tmobile going to subsidized along with N900?
No, I'll keep my pre-order with Amazon for the unlocked N900, no doubt they will do something to the phone, they always do!

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ bay area, ca
They didn't do anything to the G1, did they? I got mine through a different source than officially through T-mo, but from what I could see, the Fav 5 and hotspot locator apps were optional downloads. Was it different for those who bought their G1's straight from them? Besides, even if they did, couldn't you just reflash it?

I'm not canceling my preorder anyway - I don't want to wait that long for my N900. Actually, I'm hoping they don't subsidize the phone because I don't want to give up my non-smartphone data plan... I'm paying $78 a month *after* taxes for unlimited voice, data, and texting. Not looking forward to a more expensive data and text bundle which is inevitable if they pick up the phone.

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/...lack-handsets/

Looks like the n900 will be coming to tmobile as well as some new data plans. Good news for all
I've learned not to trust BoyGenius too much, but I'm guessing this could be fairly accurate. My brother-in-law is a supervisor for cellphone tower construction. He's not working for T-Mo but being in the business you see/hear stuff, and he says T-Mo is building 3G like crazy. And here in KC it seems like every week I have 3G in another place I didn't before.

And a $50-for-everything plan sounds niiiiice...but I'm still glad I ordered an unlocked N900.
Registered Linux user #266531.

Tags
rumor