Posts: 12 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Colorado, US
The Nokia 6256 works for me on Verizon, but I had to jump through some hoops - I selected "none" on the network setup page, put #777 in the number field, and used "qnc" as the username and password. Additionally, this was a data call, not GPRS.

I tried a bunch of random stuff I saw here and on HowardForums and this combo just happened to work. I think it may be required for Verizon devices that don't have EVDO - or maybe mine was just quirky. Hope it helps someone else out.

My MOTO RAZR V3m via Sprint works really well (unlimited data plan required - $39). Paired the phone to the N800, I set the N800 to data call, #777 in the number field and left the user name and password fields blank.

The phone exhibits one quirk, which requires you to turn off bluetooth and then turn it back on again (rarely also requires a power cycle), after using another bluetooth device. Otherwise my N800 won't connect to the phone. It isn't a deal breaker and other than that, it works great.

Cheers!

Last edited by BlueSky; 2007-11-28 at 21:22.

Posts: 274 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Helotes, TX
The Nokia 6555 phone pairs up great, and DUN works with no problems, using a N800 and OS2008...

I was actually streaming music on my N800 on my way home from work yesterday...

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and BSD. We don't believe this to be a coincidence. " - Jeremy S. Anderson