Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
Finally pulled the trigger and ordered a Nokia CP-321 from an Ebay seller as I could not find in an NYC brick and mortar anywhere. It was $20 shipped and I must say I really like the case and it is unfortunate that Nokia did not ship it with the N900.
The only issue is there is no hole for charging or 3.5mm jack but since I use a BT stereo headset I don't struggle with that too much. I don't need a belt clip or anything like that, just a case to protect the device when its thrown into a jacket pocket with keys and for that purpose it is perfect.

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria, Amstetten
i have bought the clear protector (screen protector)..... but to put it on the n900 it must be 24 hours off.... but when i dont use i 24 hours..??

19 Lockerz.com Invites Left -- PM me if you need one...

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7...enixsiggi1.gif @ mods plz allow me that pic....

Have anyone seen or heard of a "Silicon" or even a "Rubber" case for the N900 that's thin enough and durable?

Originally Posted by bobaseth View Post
Have anyone seen or heard of a "Silicon" or even a "Rubber" case for the N900 that's thin enough and durable?
I doubt there'd ever be such a thing. The phone's a slider, and the cover for the top just can't develop enough tension to grip the phone securely.

The rubberized hard cases work great. The insides aren't rubberized of course, and there was a report a while ago that they scratched someone's phone. So I took mine off after 3+ months of use to check. Nothing, except for a little bit of lint. As long as you make sure that the top is on securely (I used 2 layer thick strips of insulation tape as shims), nothing is going to protect any better. The price you pay is 1 mm less at the top of the keyboard.

My bad luck with screen protectors continues.

I bought the clear version of the anti reflective screen, as I couldn't get away with the anti reflective one. I ended up bending it slightly on one corner after spending about half an hour to install it without any luck.

I'm back to my cheap one which only bubbles on the corners for now. When I get refunds for my other ones, I think I'll order a Clarivue one for my 5th protector!

Originally Posted by Nexus7 View Post
I doubt there'd ever be such a thing. The phone's a slider, and the cover for the top just can't develop enough tension to grip the phone securely.

The rubberized hard cases work great. The insides aren't rubberized of course, and there was a report a while ago that they scratched someone's phone. So I took mine off after 3+ months of use to check. Nothing, except for a little bit of lint. As long as you make sure that the top is on securely (I used 2 layer thick strips of insulation tape as shims), nothing is going to protect any better. The price you pay is 1 mm less at the top of the keyboard.

I think your right! Thanks for your time and insight!

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by bobaseth View Post
I think your right! Thanks for your time and insight!
There is a button for thanks, you know!

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Anybody else tried PDair case for the N900?

I've been using the same thing. The bottom stays on very well. The top stays on well for the first several weeks, then it comes on and off very easily, and I have noticed a few very small nicks in the paint, but nothing that makes me worried. It's still the best protector I've found.

@Nexus 7: can you explain more about your technique for adding insulation tape. What do you mean by insulation tape? Any particular brand you are using? And are you concerned that this tape may peel off paint? Thanks!

Originally Posted by Nexus7 View Post

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Canada
Originally Posted by mobiledivide View Post
Finally pulled the trigger and ordered a Nokia CP-321 from an Ebay seller as I could not find in an NYC brick and mortar anywhere. It was $20 shipped and I must say I really like the case and it is unfortunate that Nokia did not ship it with the N900.
The only issue is there is no hole for charging or 3.5mm jack but since I use a BT stereo headset I don't struggle with that too much. I don't need a belt clip or anything like that, just a case to protect the device when its thrown into a jacket pocket with keys and for that purpose it is perfect.
That was exactly my reasoning for purchasing the CP-321. Just to protect the device when it's in a pocket or in a bag, etc. Does the job very well.

Tags
accessories, accessory, case, gear, holster, n900, pouch, protection, screen protector