Active Topics

Originally Posted by travik View Post
I have power45 installed, but have never installed Nitdroid. can I just use the autoinstaller and things will work out?
I also did install multiboot / Nitdroid when i had the stock PR1.2 installed.
The magic of multiboot is that i can return to the stock kernel by just rebooting with the keybord open and pressing B key.
Some days ago i had PR1.2 / Nitroid 0.0.8 and power 40 installed.
As i wanted to upgrade to PR1.3 and just to be on the safe side i installed backupmenu as a multiboot item and made a complete system backup.
After, to upgrade to PR1.3, i just booted to PR1.2 and made an OTA upgrade with no problems. Multiboot nitroid backupmenu and all my other apps were still there and working. At last i replaced the old power40 boot image and modules with version 45.

I think you can install multiboot / nitdroid with power45 installed but then if you reboot with B key you will not return to stock kernel but to power45.

Take a look at the following links that have all the info you may need:

Multiboot/Nitdroid-Autoinstaller

nitdroid forum

Install backupmenu as a multiboot item

My gratitude and credits to multiboot / nitroid developer team, Titan, RobbieThe1st, Rob1n and maemo community.

Last edited by sacal; 2010-11-15 at 11:45.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sacal For This Useful Post:
how can i boot from stock maemo kernel? (i have 3 choice on multiboot -power45 and nitdroid work fine but i cant boot from stock maemo kernel.

Originally Posted by bzbnd View Post
how can i boot from stock maemo kernel? (i have 3 choice on multiboot -power45 and nitdroid work fine but i cant boot from stock maemo kernel.
If you installed multiboot / nitdroid over stock kernel press B key or 0 (number zero) key when booting.

Originally Posted by sacal View Post
If you installed multiboot / nitdroid over stock kernel press B key or 0 (number zero) key when booting.
i did but it says something is missed (in a red box)

Guys I need some info. If I understand right, multiboot reflashes kernel each time we switch the OS (Maemo <--> NITdroid)? With u-boot we avoid this?

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Philippines
badly need your help guys.. I have uninstalled nitroid using the nitroid-uninstaller and I am stock now on multiboot menu.. what will I do?

i did but it says something is missed (in a red box)
Check if you have these files:

/etc/multiboot.d/00-Maemo-2.6.28-omap1.item

/boot/multiboot/vmlinuz-2.6.28-omap1

and this dir:

/lib/modules/2.6.28-omap1

Check if you have these files:

/boot/multiboot/vmlinuz-2.6.28-omap1

and this dir:

/lib/modules/2.6.28-omap1
First of all thank you for your reply
i can find
and /lib/modules/2.6.28-omap1 but /boot/multiboot/vmlinuz-2.6.28-omap1 doesnt exist .how can i create it ?

I also did install multiboot / Nitdroid when i had the stock PR1.2 installed.
The magic of multiboot is that i can return to the stock kernel by just rebooting with the keybord open and pressing B key.
Some days ago i had PR1.2 / Nitroid 0.0.8 and power 40 installed.
As i wanted to upgrade to PR1.3 and just to be on the safe side i installed backupmenu as a multiboot item and made a complete system backup.
After, to upgrade to PR1.3, i just booted to PR1.2 and made an OTA upgrade with no problems. Multiboot nitroid backupmenu and all my other apps were still there and working. At last i replaced the old power40 boot image and modules with version 45.

I think you can install multiboot / nitdroid with power45 installed but then if you reboot with B key you will not return to stock kernel but to power45.

Take a look at the following links that have all the info you may need:

Multiboot/Nitdroid-Autoinstaller

nitdroid forum

Install backupmenu as a multiboot item

My gratitude and credits to multiboot / nitroid developer team, Titan, RobbieThe1st, Rob1n and maemo community.
thanks for the info and the links, but my big concern is how the multiboot that is set up by the nitdroid autoinstaller interacts with the uboot that power45 installed. has anyone tried installing in this order (first uboot (independently or via power kernel), then multiboot via nitdroid)?

.... but /boot/multiboot/vmlinuz-2.6.28-omap1 doesnt exist .how can i create it ?
You have to install multiboot-kernel-maemo_0.3-1_armel from:

http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d....3-1_armel.deb

It will create the maemo kernel - missing vmlinuz-2.6.28-omap1 file.

That was made for PR1.2.
It seams it still works with PR1.3 but it is not the PR1.3 kernel.

If you have PR1.3 installed you may extract the PR1.3 kernel from the bin file (credits to OptX).

Download RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin
from
http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php

Download and install the latest version of the Flasher for your PC
http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/maemo-d...-downloads.php

Execute in your PC:

Code:
flasher-3.5 -F RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -u
Rename the resulting zImage file to vmlinuz-2.6.28-omap1 and copy it to /boot/multiboot/ directory in your N900.

Good luck

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sacal For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, face coconut, face palm, nitdroid n900