Posts: 284 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Peterborough, UK
Hey Pali,

Could you please include my ext4 patch (which includes a backport of the 2.6.30 kernel fix for ext4 data corruption amongst others) from here in the next kernel-power release? I have compiled and tested it and can confirm all works as expected, i.e. my system boots from an ext4 /home partition when running the kernel with no adverse side-effects thusfar. For a bit more background please see the related T.M.O. thread which briefly describes the process I went through to generate said patch.

Thanks in advance!

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Tigerite For This Useful Post:
As power 47 seems more or less stable can it be promoted to testing repos? Can this backlog of stuff in dev be pushed to testing so we can free dev up for ya now...dev?

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Tigerite View Post
Hey Pali,

Could you please include my ext4 patch (which includes a backport of the 2.6.30 kernel fix for ext4 data corruption amongst others) from here in the next kernel-power release? I have compiled and tested it and can confirm all works as expected, i.e. my system boots from an ext4 /home partition when running the kernel with no adverse side-effects thusfar. For a bit more background please see the related T.M.O. thread which briefly describes the process I went through to generate said patch.

Thanks in advance!
Ok, now is your patch in my git repository.

Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
As power 47 seems more or less stable can it be promoted to testing repos? Can this backlog of stuff in dev be pushed to testing so we can free dev up for ya now...dev?
Only maintainer of package kernel-power can do that. So still only Tom Tanner (I'm on pending list of maintainers). Ask him for that.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by pali View Post
Only maintainer of package kernel-power can do that. So still only Tom Tanner (I'm on pending list of maintainers). Ask him for that.
The Council should be able to solve these situations. Developers should not be owners of packages which are based in other's open source development, it should be up to the community to change maintenance without original packager's permission.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Pali, could You contact Council (for example using "contact us" form) and point them to this problem? I thought about doing that myself, but it seems much more proper, when done by You.

It's completely unacceptable that kernel-power will stay in dev forever, cause one maintainer disappeared and don't give a duck about transferring maintainer's right, and another one "feel that it's not fair to grant You [rights], because Titan was main maintainer".

Not to mention little duckish behavior of last contactable maintainer (sorry, I must write that - forced myself to not comment when we received that info 1st time, but now it's too much), I agree that council or community shall have a way to deal with such counter-productive situations. What if main maintainer get hit by a bus one day? Project R.I.P, even thought many people contributed/co-dev'ed it, and still want to continue?

---

Pali, what about removing faulty bq module from next release? As for now, this is only 1 not working (as it should, in kp47) thing, that was 110% confirmed. Still, somehow I feel that You deny to acknowledge it as fact. Sorry if I'm wrong - I don't mean to sound harsh - but for me that is conclusion from Your short discussion with original bug reporter (ended by him blacklisting module as for joerg-rw suggestion)

Last edited by Estel; 2011-05-25 at 17:09.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wimmme View Post
no reboot here but I do get an error 6-45--15.
Mailed Joikuspot support for it .
It isnt working for me either, giving the error 3-580-22. The support guy of Joikuspot said
"That error message might suggest that the installation process was not finished just like it should"

stuck!

Originally Posted by Erazor View Post
1.first update your system
- apt-get update
- apt-get upgrade
- abt-get clean
- abt-get autoclean
- abt-get update

2 download palis kernel from http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pali/

kernel-power_2.6.28-pali1_armel.deb
kernel-power-modules_2.6.28-pali1_armel.deb
kernel-power-flasher_2.6.28-pali1_armel.deb

3.now under x-term install all 3 files
dpkg -i kernel-power
dpkg -i kernel-power-modules
dpkg -i kernel-power-flasher

3 after install make a reboot
step 4 - Finally choose the correct option from the multiboot menu

Tested faircrack and now scans all other channels other then just 6

Got to say is the first time i got this working since having the n900

The Following User Says Thank You to windows7 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 182 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Jordan
guys how to fix ( reboot command switch off the device ) ?

It seems there is some issue with the phonet module in kernel v47. I am trying to setup usb networking using http://wiki.maemo.org/N900_USB_router. As soon as the computer requests an ip, N900 spits out
Phonet unknown PEP type :1
and the internet stops working on the N900. When the usb interface is disconnected, the internet starts to work on N900 again.

Seems like a bug in kernel v47 (along with CSSU). I had it working fine in v46 + PR 1.3

------------------

Scratch that. The phonet error appears in v46 as well. It turned out i had to comment out the gateway in /etc/network/interface to get internet going.

Last edited by rajil.s; 2011-05-27 at 21:44. Reason: Updated with gateway info

The Following User Says Thank You to rajil.s For This Useful Post:
What is exactly the problem with the bq27x00_battery module ?
I use it since old versions of kernel power and I have zero problem with it.
It is a lot more precise than the stock one and can read battery level even if bme is stopped (usb hostmode).

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou