Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Okay, the problem is not I have no idea what the hell is going on with everyone's advanced power installs. Mine worked fine. Then I upgraded to the SVN version, so technically I'm not even on the devel one, but I had the devel version working on a clean PR1.3 install already...

If people could give a list of what they had installed on their N900's when they installed it (in detail. Everything app manager lists when you press uninstall, please), and whether or not you had the battery bar/"candle"(as some of you call it) vanish after installing, that would would be wonderful. That's the only way someone with my limited technical knowledge can think of to truly narrow down what the cause of the problem might be.

mine is easy...I did a reflash of everything so (to my understanding) everything was stock. amd the first app I tried was advanced-power...

The Following User Says Thank You to extendedping For This Useful Post:
Yeah, I know. that's why I like yours. But that's why it's also rather confusing.

What I THINK is going on is something that Advanced Power requires/depends-on doesn't actually come with the phone, and isn't included in the dependencies, due to whatever bug somewhere upstream. Or it's not being installed for some people (I thought some dependencies might not be the right versions in Extras, but then you said you had devel enabled the first time, and it broke for you then... this also seems to discount the idea of some other app bringing in a later version of a dependency and breaking everything, because you had reflashed both rootfs and eMMC).

So at this stage, unless the developer himself has time to read this thread, I have to assume some dependency is not installed with Advanced Power (Monitor), and instead, some common app happens to provide it. So the question becomes, what app do all people who had this working, have, that all people for whom this app didn't work, don't have? Hence me asking. If I can narrow it down at least a little, I can start looking around in the repositories.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Is it just me or is this app not compatible with PR 1.3? I flashed my N900 to PR 1.2, did the OTA update to PR 1.3 and installed pybattery. However since then I've not been able to trust pybattery, since it tell's me that my battery is fully charged, when in reality it's ~60 %. Thus I have to re-insert my charger and after that I'll get it to 95-100 % later on.

Anyone else experiencing this bug?

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Given my lack of technical know how, and the developer's current lack of time: What else did you have installed before installing Advanced Power, what did you install after?

See, the thing is for me, everything Advanced Power related worked perfectly. I have no experience with python, except for a tiny base of growing understanding from looking at the code in 412b's apps. I have not had time to sit down and look around.

It seems that a lot of people ARE having PR1.3 bugs with this app. (Well, not a lot, more like five different people reported problems, but they sound similar enough that I'm assuming something went wrong.

It is either some obscure dependency / python library issue, OR it's something even more convoluted. To solve either of these problems, someone with my limited debugging skills needs details. What repository did you have enabled that you got it from (Extras, Testing, or Devel). And the above what-do-you-have-installed question.

I am also interested in any out-of-the-norm (Nokia and maemo.org ones being the 'norm') repositories you have enabled.

Posts: 462 | Thanked: 550 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Moscow
A big lack of time, unfortunately.
Try debugging by running in XTerm
Code:
python /usr/lib/hildon-desktop/advanced_power.py 1

The Following User Says Thank You to 412b For This Useful Post:
Another thread with people running into the same problem: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=65068

I posted your suggestion in there, so hopefully it'll get some more replies.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Florida
Yup. Im newly involved in trying to get this to work again. I have posted my output to 412b's python command in other places, but i guess it wont hurt to have the output here as well (sorry if im screwing up somehow)
Code:
python /usr/lib/hildon-desktop/advanced_power.py 1
process 2173: arguments to dbus_connection_get_data() were incorrect, assertion "connection != NULL" failed in file dbus-connection.c line 5757.
This is normally a bug in some application using the D-bus library.
process 2173: arguments to dbus_connection_set_data() were incorrect, assertion "connection != NULL" failed in file dbus-connection.c line 5721.
This is normally a bug in some application using the D-bus library.
Aborted
I posted this on other threads too. Again, thanks 412b for the great program. I really wanna get it to work again.

Oh, i am using 2.6.28.10power45 kernel and PR1.3. any other info needed, i will be happy to oblige.

The Following User Says Thank You to vebulous For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by 412b View Post
Ok. I've reread posts. Somehow upstart doesn't start Advanced Power Monitor, which is quite strange.
For now just run as root
Code:
start apmonitord
And attach output.
Anyway it should help me to figure out, why apmonitord isn't starting at startup (crossed fingers )
Not working , i've delete apmonitord and don't know how to get it back again

Originally Posted by 412b View Post
That's odd... It should write it, if loaded properly.

I got a mistype in upstart script.
As root edit /etc/event.d/apmonitord:
Change line starting with
Code:
stop on ...
to
Code:
stop on starting shutdown
And post the results. It should help.
can i have the /etc/event.d/apmonitord file ? cuz i deleted it

Tags
applet, battery, python, statusbar