Active Topics

I am waiting for mine to be cancelled, I keep hassling every email address I can possibly think of in order to get further.

The phone is yours, they do not own it, it comes as part of the contract.

If you break the contract then yes you return it, however if they break the contract then it is yours to keep.

In this case, it is them that are breaking the contract hence, phone=yours.

from what I understand, the majority of people will be allowed to cancel on 1st Oct on the date the charges are introduced. I spoke with Customer Relations yesterday and this was the vibe, in a sense that 1st Oct will be a day dedicated for cancellations (with a few people lucky enough to slip through and cancel every now and then beforehand).
Im happy enough to wait til this date because that will be that 30th day of my Notice Period. After that, they will once again be in breach of the T&C's i signed, clause 11a and 11b.1 which summarises, either party must give 30 days notice to end agreement, and then; you can end the agreement if vodafone fail to do something essential that they should have done under this agreement.

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Richmond, UK
Anyone knows if the iphone only simcard (30 days contract) advertised by Vodafone UK will work on N900? It comes with 1GB data.

Cheers

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ UK/Scotland
aren't the iphone sim cards smaller than the usual ones??

Cantonese Pen Power Input is only available in Hong Kong...SUX!

I believe the iphone4 takes what they call a 'microsim' which is smaller than a normal one. Not sure if it can take a normal one too or not. The iphone3gs takes a normal one, so if it says the sim is compatible with that one, then it'll fit in a n900. I was going to go for the three network iphone sim only deal and came across that. Think I will go for giffgaff now, 30 day rolling contract, as has been posted already on the last page by a very kind person.

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Richmond, UK
OK cheers. Any idea if giffgaff allows skype calls?

I contacted them about the text I recived, and said I want to cancel, and the email they replied was

"Hi Jonathan,

We are launching a free service on June 1 by alerting those customers who consistently use more than their data allowance.

This alert will say we will review your spend and if you continue to use more data than your allowance consistently over the coming months, we'll contact you to have a chat about your usage and offer an alternative data plan to avoid incurring out of bundle charges.

That means you will be able to manage your usage more effectively, we’re also giving clarity to what these data rates are for out of bundle charges.

Given you are already reaching your allowance and in some cases are over, from June 1, you will start to receive an alert to say you've gone over your allowance.

We will be tracking your usage, and in the following months if your usage continues to be over your data allowance, we will contact you to discuss alternatives (including for example, upgrading to one of our mobile broadband plans) and that you could incur charges.

I appreciate you were told that you had a price plan with unlimited data allowance, what we're doing is clarifying exactly what we mean by unlimited data allowance (500 Mb). As you know we have a Fair Usage Policy and for the vast majority of customers, they do not use more than their data allowance.

Trust the above information helps."

Does this mean I cant cancel? or are they just trying to put me off trying

southwalesboy - That is the standard vodafone line from a few months back when they were still trying to deny they were changing anything much on the contract. Just use the template cancellation letter &email and put your details n and see what happens. In about a week we should all find out if we get to cancel, or if there is another twist in this saga.

This user here, Liquid_chaos appears to get his cancelled imediately last week? http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...vodafone+users

I have had 2 emails now, the second one stating...

Hi Jonathan,

I can see that you are on 18 month price plan with 600 minutes, unlimited text, Vodafone passport and VMI (Vodafone mobile Internet pack).

I assure you that VMI always has a limit of 500 MB usage, If you exceed this limit you will be charged extra £5 for an extra usage of 500 MB.

There is a fair usage policy on all services provided by Vodafone.

I trust this helps.

I am pretty certain that the old fair use policy had no mention of a £5 charge per 500mb! Does anyone have a copy ?

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Worcester
Originally Posted by southwalesboy View Post
This user here, Liquid_chaos appears to get his cancelled imediately last week? http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...vodafone+users

I have had 2 emails now, the second one stating...

Hi Jonathan,

I can see that you are on 18 month price plan with 600 minutes, unlimited text, Vodafone passport and VMI (Vodafone mobile Internet pack).

I assure you that VMI always has a limit of 500 MB usage, If you exceed this limit you will be charged extra £5 for an extra usage of 500 MB.

There is a fair usage policy on all services provided by Vodafone.

I trust this helps.

I am pretty certain that the old fair use policy had no mention of a £5 charge per 500mb! Does anyone have a copy ?
This is almost exactly what I was told when I rang 191 earlier today. The guy was somewhat rude and bluntly told me that Vodafone "have never sold unlimited internet" and indeed I was at fault for ever believing that. He then quoted my price plan exactly as stated in your email above.........

This is the new tactic it seems.

Tags
vodafone con