Originally Posted by atilla View Post
have tested all plugins nothing works.it shows me always no contacts.have read many threads about this but cant find a solution if someone could help me i would be the happiest man alive.....
i had the same problem, got mine fixed.

use the extras-devel n install msn (haze) 0.9
before i log on or activate it, i use msn's own live messenger to log on then log off. then i activate msn haze n it started working again. same trick didn't work when using pidgin. don't use pecan either.
i found out it happened everytime i logged on else where while n900 is still connected to msn, then i lose the contacts.

i find msn butterfly from devel works better than haze now. at least for me, n doesn't have the no contacts problem period

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
The camera bug is annoying when changing exposure to 0.5+ when you are using manual ISO.

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Diffinately the Browser bugged! it consume more than 23% of RAM and loaded the CPU to 100% sometimes and constantly using 30-47% CPU at all time. This browser suck the juice out of my device!

app manager also bugged in this version. Using the device is painfully right now.
Yeah i think so too. Just on wifi, the back of the n900 get warm but in pr1.1.1 doesn't

Has anybody an answer to my problem. After PR1.2 I get alot of blank pages in the web browser(not Firefox)?

+1 Email notification sound playback is buggy
+1 Screen glitches when answering calls (annoying)
+1 Video recording and playback not smooth (was better with 1.1)
+1 When FM transmitter enabled, it sometimes plays music through speakers at random time for 1-3 seconds
+ RingTone playback buggy

Opinion of 1.2 ? Made my experience with n900 worse...

Last edited by Veix; 2010-06-14 at 14:20. Reason: added bug

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by jlu View Post
Originally Posted by jsbigs View Post
I haven't had much time to test it, but so far I'm not impressed with this update:

1.) I can no longer sort my e-mails. Pre PR1.2, I could sort my e-mails by To/From, Subject (A to Z, Z to A), Date (most recent first, last), etc. Why would they remove this basic function? I use it a lot and my Palm Treo was doing this four years ago.
I miss this too and I don't understand it either.
Here is the Bug Report. Please Vote if you still miss this fundamental feature: Bug #10332

The Following User Says Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by Veix View Post
+1 Email notification sound playback is buggy
They all are when the CPU is loaded, I have no idea why it keeps doing that. I get that all the time, someone needs to ramp up priority of the audio subsystem. Who thought browser loading should take CPU cycles from the player?

+1 Screen glitches when answering calls (annoying)
Very rare. Only once thus far. I keep Phone pinned to Portrait.

+1 Video recording and playback not smooth (was better with 1.1)
My playback is better, if a bit slower to start. Recording is the exact same. Maybe you have a small issue?

+ RingTone playback buggy
Same problem.

Also, I have gained an insane autonomy with 1.2 relative to 1.1.1. Not sure why, but I do. When low usage, I get away with 10 minutes of charge when battery is low for the day.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Has this one been noticed:

Open the main menu (that lets you launch programs)
Scroll down to the bottom so the icons won't move up the screen any further
Press your finger directly on an icon so it glows
Move your finger up so that the icons move about 10 pixels (if you move too far, the kinetic scrolling will kick in and move the icons back..)
take your finger off the screen

Notice that the icon is still glowing as though you still hold your finger..
And in a few seconds more, the menu will flick into rearrange icons mode

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Iīm just wondering here. Could someone explain why they optificated quite many things on n900? When we were waiting for 1.2 there was couple of messages from nokia employees that hinted about testing problems because of optification. Now it seems that there is some multitasking problems with browser + music on some people.

I have over 50% free space available on my rootfs. WOOHOOO. Why? If extra apps are optificated and some of them take little space from rootfs then why waste fast memory. Isnīt rootfs right now just sitting there for sake of it.

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
I have had a lot of trouble after pr 1.2 and the newest eMMC image. I have not managed to pinpoint what the problem was/is. I have re-flashed several times; both images. The first couple of times it worked great for a day or two, then the screen and phone behaved like it was "infected" erratic behavior of the screen and the solution for me (as i am no Linux guru). I manage very well in the MS sphere which is my profession. That said. Id like to say this if it can help anyone. After this re-flash, both images, the phone worked very well for several days.

My software/package status is (alphabetical order):
agtl 0.6.1.3-1
bluezwitch 1.0.0.-2
conversations inbox desktop widget 1.1.1
currency converter 0.8-7
cuteexplorer 1.1.1-1
fmms 1.1.8
leafpad 0.8.17le-0maemo1
martian memory 1.0-3-fremantle5
mobile maps 9 demo 7.71.0 / nordics
pyreciepe 0.5.1-3
simple brightness applet 1.1-1maemo0
theme marina (in use) 1.095
wifieye 1.0-3

No i dont think this will be an eyopener for anyone, but it might help someone get closer to which code thats a killer for the new pr 1.2.

"Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. Yes is the answer..."