Notices

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by atilla View Post
i have many annoying problems with msn.
it connects but the problem is that for some of my friends i'm not available even if i'm online.i can't send them offline messages too.
anyone the same problem?
i'm using the msn pecan plugin
Pecan is the only MSN client working for me and i am also suffering from same issues as you are. the only difference is, i can send them IM's even if offline. and i appear as Busy (even if im not) on my contacts.

EDIT: i did try to re-enter all credentials for MSN and quite solved the problem.

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Last edited by gabby131; 2011-01-05 at 20:48.

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
Pecan is the only MSN client working for me and i am also suffering from same issues as you are. the only difference is, i can send them IM's even if offline. and i appear as Busy (even if im not) on my contacts.
yeah for me pecan is the only too.pidgin won't connect and haze just sometimes do.the pidgin messenger isn't a real alternative cause i don't like the ui and its not well integrated.shame that we don't have an original windows live messenger like the symbian phones have

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

The Following User Says Thank You to atilla For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by atilla View Post
yeah for me pecan is the only too.pidgin won't connect and haze just sometimes do.the pidgin messenger isn't a real alternative cause i don't like the ui and its not well integrated.shame that we don't have an original windows live messenger like the symbian phones have
UPDATE:

i just chat with some of my MSN contacts and they all tell me that I DON'T appear as one of their contacts. Im using Pecan.

oh....boy...

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

Posts: 235 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ italy
hi guys, I'm trying to install "msn protocol plugin for conversations and contacts" package but there are some dipendencies missing as liblongcat1 and telepathy-butterfly. Problem is I can't find them in repos! Why? Maybe maintainers removed them from repos to correct some bug or change version?

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Castle Rock, CO. USA
I fixed my AIM by blanking out the encryption (remove the opportunistic_encryption entirely) and manually entering port 5190.

I also manually entered the port info for Yahoo and instead of giving me a network error, it's been trying to login for almost 15 minutes now. Wonder how long I should give it?

EDIT: Yahoo died with a network error. Bah.

ANOTHER EDIT: I got Yahoo to work using port 80 instead of 5050.

I'm still working on MSN...

Last edited by cyapalmos; 2011-01-11 at 20:10.

i got an error while installing account-plugin-salut . what should i do

i cannot get yahoo and pecan to work since last night.......oh boy....

Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
i cannot get yahoo and pecan to work since last night.......oh boy....
i found a fix......

on your yahoo account, tap advance settings.

on the server/xfer host, put (country initial).m.yahoo.com/messenger; or simply, m.yahoo.com/messenger

im in canada so mine is ca.m.yahoo.com/messenger.

leave everything else, or put 80 on ports,

if this works, msn should work as well.

unfortunately, after configuring this out, i cant change the advance settings, i need to delete and re-enter my Yahoo im so edit advance settings again.

i used the web based yahoo and msn messenger so these settings are the same so if you are wondering how did i come up with this, go to m.yahoo.com/messenger via desktop or n900 maemo browser or any other browsers. you should be able to log in on a mobile/wap yahoo im.

after that, (and if it works) go to your contacts and remerge.

EDIT: this setting is based on the mobile/wap server, so if you have friends using yahoo on mobile, you might find them online with the status "i'm mobile"

NOTE: be sure to delete other yahoo accounts with the same credentials or you will end up you contacts app crash as you merge duplicates.

ANOTHER NOTE: so far, 2 of my friends on yahoo claims that i do not appear online using settings above, so i re-authenticate (just re-invite) them and its done, others, no probs.

Last edited by gabby131; 2011-01-15 at 22:56.

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West Virginia
Are there any known working versions of the extra protocols for AIM? I've been trying the ones in testing and devel, continues with the encryption errors, and cannot connect to any AIM accounts.

This is becoming maddening. I see 0.7 in the normal repo, 0.8 in testing, and 1.0 in devel... strike one, two, three...so far.

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Russia, Ekaterinburg
Try use qutim

Tags
aim, client, facebook, fremantle, fring, googletalk, haze, icq, implementing msn, instant message, instant messaging, jabber, maemo, maemo 5, msn, pidgin, purple, sametime, skype, telepathy, y!m, yahoo