Active Topics

Originally Posted by No_LiMiT View Post
I generally don't have battery problem, it lasts for few days, but then again I don't do much. But last night I used wifi for no more then 20 minutes(I always disconnect and it isn't on auto connect or anything) and it drained 20% of my battery.
Is that supposed to happen? I went to bed and after like 9 hours it didn't move even 5%, almost straight line.
So if I used wifi for like 2 hours it would drain completely?
It would drain alot, that's the only thing I don't like about the N900, it seems to use alot of power once connected to a network constantly. I'd say around 3 hours or so browsing on wifi and my battery dies.

My battery seems to have gone crazy(again), it's going down faster even when idle. My mother's phone would go out twice a day while idling too.. Strange, maybe I should uninstall some applications or something?
Using 2g already, low brightness etc...

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Scarbrough
Well just two days back i got this DURASTAR BL-5J 1700mah battery form a whole sale shop it costed me almost 13 US dollar.....

It is Great i could not fine any where on net the astimate time for those batterie mentioned before.....

Well it is Second day and man it is still full....
yesterday i got it by 6pm and the shop keeper told me to charge the battery full before using the cell....

It was fully charged at 8pm till then my N900 was recieved about 10msges then i pluged my cell to tv and listed to two music videos
the before going to bed i listed to some music tracks and played block game for about 30 mins then in the morning i have recieved some calls about 15-20 msges....
took a few pictures and amazingly the battery is still full....
It battery is excelent as compared to the original which i got with the set ......
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to darguzar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Even if I don't trust this Chinese ones at all, for 13$ it seems to be worth a try. Where you got it from?

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by darguzar View Post
Well just two days back i got this DURASTAR BL-5J 1700mah battery form a whole sale shop it costed me almost 13 US dollar.....

It is Great i could not fine any where on net the astimate time for those batterie mentioned before.....

yesterday i got it by 6pm and the shop keeper told me to charge the battery full before using the cell....

It was fully charged at 8pm till then my N900 was recieved about 10msges then i pluged my cell to tv and listed to two music videos
the before going to bed i listed to some music tracks and played block game for about 30 mins then in the morning i have recieved some calls about 15-20 msges....
It battery is excelent as compared to the original which i got with the set ......
Hey could you tell me where I can get one of these batteries for my n900? I've searched online and can't find any place that sells them. Thanks in advance ... oh by the way, are you noticing any extra heat from the battery? Are you overclocked?

Last edited by Jayboy5; 2010-06-13 at 13:33.

I guess it will suddenly drop to 0% at an unpredictable moment and phone will switch off.
It is more easy to believe in broken capacity meter circuit in chinese batteries than in outstanding performance. Well, i've seen batteries that report weird values quite often.

What does battery graph report?

I had 60% battery and I turned on alarm clock, after 4 hours it woke me up, battery was empty... Wtf, I had it going for 4 days+ and now suddenly screwing up like this...

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ calgary
Originally Posted by darguzar View Post

If he is right watever he is sayimg than its awesum....but u cant rely on these chinese products... there product quality is really poor '

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Lebanon- Beirut
@darguzar do you feel the phone is getting any hotter? any other problems so far?

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ New York, NY
I think yes, because I am not a heavy user, but I almost always end up with a dead phone before the day is done. Usually I charge the n900 at work as well as over night. I use all the battery tips (lowest brightness, don't use auto-connect, disable gps, etc...)

Edit: sorry this was a response to someone wondering f they would only get 2 hours if they used wifi constantly.

Last edited by jmc8501; 2010-06-13 at 21:38.

Tags
n900 battery, n900 v. power war, piss poor