Active Topics

Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
I envy your convictions

I really don't expect a HWKB included for the 100€ pre-orders. I don't. But I don't like buying smoke, the hidden information. What is it? Why you can't tell us? To be honest i want SailfishOS, the SW, to be released more than the phone, the HW.

And the use of the 100€ voucher, how does it work? When my phone finally arrives, do I have to pay 399-100=299€? Or pay the 399€ full price and the 100€ voucher is for spending in accesories, Jolla App Store and something like that?

And of course Jolla have my interest. I want they to know that. But it's my final decision to pursache or not the phone in base of real facts. Will buy when see.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hariainm For This Useful Post:
I pre-purchased at the 100€ level. It's not like getting it 100€ cheaper, just paying in advance to subtract it from the final price.

Originally Posted by Hariainm View Post
And I'm sorry to say that. As I said before, I really want to believe, to be eager for the waiting, and I read a lot of information about jolla and the phone, but... To the moment, they failed at selling it to me.

PD: And sorry for all the rant, but my hopes with the company are slowly fading away as I see the zero professionality, the poorly managed presentations, the lack of proper and useful information... I don't like the "Peter Molyneux" way of selling a product they have choosen.
You got a good point in that I agree on.

Last edited by RX-51; 2013-05-30 at 21:16.

The Following User Says Thank You to RX-51 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Forgot to say

100 EUR may seems like much but I see it in other way. I see it at "risky investment" like a stockholding. And as we know alot of people has loosed ALOT more stocks because of the Elop effect, me included.

Compared to that 100EUR is not that much, if I loose, I loose, if i win, I will make apps and hopefully apps that people willing to pay for even if open. I do beleive in Jolla visions. But its hard as hell.

What happens after they release first device depends on how much they sell. If they not sell they'r risk capitalists who has invest money in the company will leave and left Jolla to die.

So my points is if people are willing to "join the boat" and you can risk some money without knowing exact specs etc... Just doit.

But I would NOT recommend people without income to preorder device not even from Apple or anyone else for that matter...

But again. Jolla is small company they can't give all info, because its to soon! If they did we can for sure expect Jolla to die cause some big company would buy the SoC from manufactors to make sure Jolla dies before we get device in our hands. Thats how the hard business works...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
But again. Jolla is small company they can't give all info, because its to soon!
So then why they put the announcement date this early? Why open the pre-ordering campaign when then can not reveal the info about the phone now, and maybe not next month, or after summer, who knows. Why? We, the maemo community have high hopes in this company, to be the real Nokia successor in the open mobile OS spectre, but let's be honest, if other company try to do the same for you, "hey, see my next phone and pre-order it now, but i'm not willing to tell you none of its specifications, not the release date, but please trust me, it will be awesome." What do you say Samsung? Hello HTC? What do you say, Sony? Screw you. You know you would think this way.

Jolla is not Apple.

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
If they did we can for sure expect Jolla to die cause some big company would buy the SoC from manufactors to make sure Jolla dies before we get device in our hands. Thats how the hard business works...
Really? To much TV, mike. I'm not really sure the big boys even know what Jolla is...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hariainm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Jolla OS running Android software :
https://twitter.com/JollaHQ/status/339785418197311489
Example at 4min37s :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR2g45lPQVg
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Running quite good if you ask me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
anyone have any video/info if jollaOS have tethering hotspot, in WPA/WPA2 mode?

hopefully they do not go for WEP thethering..

The Following User Says Thank You to soryuuha For This Useful Post:
how about bluetooth tethering?

The Following User Says Thank You to youmeego For This Useful Post:
Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Mer ships with Bluez, and GATT tools has been built as a part of this package, which by definition supports:
A2DP 1.2
AVRCP 1.5
DI 1.3
HDP 1.0
HID 1.0
PAN 1.0
SPP 1.1

GATT (LE) profiles:

PXP 1.0
HTP 1.0
HoG 1.0
TIP 1.0
CSCP 1.0

OBEX based profiles (by obexd):

FTP 1.1
OPP 1.1
PBAP 1.1
MAP 1.0

Provided by the oFono project:

HFP 1.6 (AG & HF)

of course actual functionality will be determined by hardware AND software

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onethreealpha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by Hariainm View Post

I
And the use of the 100€ voucher, how does it work? When my phone finally arrives, do I have to pay 399-100=299€? Or pay the 399€ full price and the 100€ voucher is for spending in accesories, Jolla App Store and something like that?
You have to pay 299 once the phone is ready to ship.

Its pretty clearly stated on the pre-order page:

"We will deduct 100 € on the final purchase of your Jolla phone"

And

"If you participate in the pre-order campaign and purchase the device when it becomes available, you will pay no more than 399 € (including VAT), excluding shipping costs and possible local taxes and other handling fees. "

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:

Tags
"pretty soon", funniest line, jolla, pipo party, sailfish, tmo red