Active Topics

Why cant there be threads for each fone(galaxy or wtever) instead of everyone starting a new thread every second day.
IT will later on save time when someone has to search for sth for wtever they need.

Every second day someone comes along buys a new phone ( which already has a thread somewhere ) and starts a new thread..

and in the end it boils down to same discussion.. mine is better.. yours is better.. mine does this.. your lacks this..
I'm okay with the discussion but why not keep it to one thread..

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Grok View Post
How is the WiFi connectivity and reliability?

I have terrible issues on the girlfriends HTC Hero and the provider is replacing it with a Desire in the quest for a cure.

My research points towards some android OS issues, HTC claims it is only an issue with older android devices, that's why I'm interested in your assessment.
As the owner of what might now be considered an "older phone" (Motorola Droid) by now, and I can only speak to my particular handset, but I've been able to clear up my wifi connectivity issues. I'm able to connect reliably with a solid wifi connection everywhere I go, now. I'm not able to say that they fixed their overall Android issues but I've been as happy as I can be about wifi on mine lately. It seems as if it coincided with the Android 2.2 upgrade--so, maybe they were fixed there. (Otherwise, maybe it's just the Droid's wifi driver? Or maybe something I did?)

Originally Posted by PathFinder@9GS View Post
Why cant there be threads for each fone(galaxy or wtever) instead of everyone starting a new thread every second day.
IT will later on save time when someone has to search for sth for wtever they need.

Every second day someone comes along buys a new phone ( which already has a thread somewhere ) and starts a new thread..

and in the end it boils down to same discussion.. mine is better.. yours is better.. mine does this.. your lacks this..
I'm okay with the discussion but why not keep it to one thread..
Hello! I'd like to welcome you to the world of Internet based online forum! A thread is a unique line of conversation from other conversations that may or may not be unique in topic. We hope you enjoy these conversations and participate in the future and, once again, WELCOME!

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 179 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Victoria BC Canada
[QUOTE=danramos;806532]As the owner of what might now be considered an "older phone" (Motorola Droid) by now, and I can only speak to my particular handset, but I've been able to clear up my wifi connectivity issues. I'm able to connect reliably with a solid wifi connection everywhere I go, now. I'm not able to say that they fixed their overall Android issues but I've been as happy as I can be about wifi on mine lately. It seems as if it coincided with the Android 2.2 upgrade--so, maybe they were fixed there. (Otherwise, maybe it's just the Droid's wifi driver? Or maybe something I did?)

Once I play with the Desire I will give feedback.

The Following User Says Thank You to Grok For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danramos View Post

Hello! I'd like to welcome you to the world of Internet based online forum! A thread is a unique line of conversation from other conversations that may or may not be unique in topic. We hope you enjoy these conversations and participate in the future and, once again, WELCOME!
hahhaa you don't need to welcome me, nor do I have any problem with different threads talking about/on different topics,
but I've seen quite a many threads with same issue of which is better so that's what my point was.
In necase, m still here.. still replying to the thread.
peace

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 486 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, England
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
You're lucky. Other folks are missing phone calls due to the slow wake up sometimes.

Others are witnessing that the phone just isn't ringing and goes straight to voice mail.

Just because you've not witnessed any problems doesn't mean that they don't exist. There were a few other threads that have talked about this in the past.
Yes you are right, twas a little selfish to only see my own view. My sarcastic remark was born out of exasperation at yet another user feeling the need to start another thread on why THEY are dissatisfied...Yawn! And as you rightly said, there are a few threads that have talked about this phone issue and the various ways to avoid/fix/correct this should it happen to you....The OP could have posted in one of those, but then maybe he/she wouldn't have got the attention he/she so obviously craves.

Last edited by Dancairo; 2010-09-10 at 06:51.

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.
So,

As I said I will, I got my Galaxy S today.

Been playing with it since morning, here is some feedback :

Positive :
  1. Fast
  2. Beautiful Screen
  3. Great Touchscreen
  4. Android with plenty of apps and games
  5. There is a scripting enviorment you can install which supports python
  6. Video calls
  7. MMS
  8. WIFI Hotspot with stock 2.1 OS
  9. Battery life!!!
  10. Swype Keyboard really is amazing
  11. It charges every time I plug the cable
  12. able to stop mass storage without removing the cable
  13. HD Video Taking
  14. If reports are correct, There will be HDMI out via MicroUSB to hdmi adapter soon.
  15. At last waze.

Negative :
  1. I can already notice the LAG problem everyone is talking about, I know I can hack/fix it - but i'll wait 2 weeks for offical firmware. Then i'll re evaluate.
  2. Notifications are not cleared even though pressed, untill I click CLEAR
  3. No skype...
  4. No flash, which I only used as flashlight cause it was messing up my pics
  5. No kickstand

Now I have the N900 sitting on my desk, I would sell it but :
  1. Lets see you explain why sometimes it charges and sometimes it doesn't
  2. I got speaker problems, I need to apply physical preasure on the headset speaker for it to work at times.
  3. No apps
  4. Heavy Bulcky
  5. Screen is not responsive as much as the old iphone 2g and 3g and 3gs.
  6. No waze
  7. UI hangs sometimes when incoming call arrives for a sec or two.

Please don't consider this as whining, I have been a member + developer + wiki editor in TMO for more then 6 months - I have been trying my best to love the N900.
The phone just doesn't want me to love it, and also nokia doesn't want that.

Maybe in one year when meego comes, if it's such an overkill, i'll switch back to Nokia.

Things I will miss after iv'e completely gone Android :
  1. Apt-Get
  2. TMO
| DonateMe - If you feel I helped you in a very good way, feel free to donate |

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eitama For This Useful Post: