Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
see vo_nokia770.c and omapfb.h
!!!

Really? I though it is only related to pixel doubling, touchscreen raw data and pressure sensitivity.
There is a pair of XSPRegisterDSPArea()/XSPCancelDSPArea that I've understood as having something to do with display rather than input.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by fms View Post
!!!
If you will look into it for your emulators, maybe you could think about hiding all that stuff into hacked SDL so all SDL apps could benefit from it? Adding direct framebuffer driver as SDL video driver should be doable.

Originally Posted by fms View Post
There is a pair of XSPRegisterDSPArea()/XSPCancelDSPArea that I've understood as having something to do with display rather than input.
Forgot about that one. I think it is used only on 770 for synchrinization with dsp when playing video in stock media player, some video codecs are done as dsp tasks. This is no longer true for N8x0 so these are probably just empty stubs now.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
If you will look into it for your emulators, maybe you could think about hiding all that stuff into hacked SDL so all SDL apps could benefit from it? Adding direct framebuffer driver as SDL video driver should be doable.
I do not really use SDL, but may add direct frame buffer access to EMULib, if I have enough time.

This emutor is off to a great start. I added the lines to frodorc to mount a D64 image as drive 8, but how can I type LOAD "*",8,1 ? Can't figure out the "*" part.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Don't know

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by st5150 View Post
This emutor is off to a great start. I added the lines to frodorc to mount a D64 image as drive 8, but how can I type LOAD "*",8,1 ? Can't figure out the "*" part.
XVKBD

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ighlight=xvkbd

Hey I finally got a deal on an N810! How is this Frodo project yet?

The Following User Says Thank You to Grunchy For This Useful Post:
Seems pretty dead

Anyone played with C64 maemo emulation lately?

I want to know too!

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Germany
I have not done as much as I want to do on the Frodo Meamo port in the last years, because for different reasons I haven't much spare time.

Things I have done:
- On screen settings dialogs. In my opinion this is in early beta state.
- Beginning packaging for N810. Works well, but I never released it.

What is really missing for a good maemo port for devices without keyboard, is a integrated on screen keyboard.

What are my plans in the near term (Hopefully ):
- I try to restart my maemo development and release Frodo beta packages for N810. Why not already done see problems below. ;-)
- Solve the problems with on screen settings dialogs and release a final version for N810.

Problems:
- Unfortunately I have some trouble with scrachtchbox installation on openSUSE 11.2 64 Bit. You can read about this in another thread here.
- An other problem I have, is not a technical problem. Because I don't know 100% about the C64 ROM copyright situation I will remove the integrated ROM code in Frodo before I release packages. Or can someone tell me who is the current copyright owner of the C64 ROMs and if free usage is allowed?

Maybe someone can hale with this problems?

My future plans:
- I have decided for me, not to work on an on screen keyboard on current Frodo/SDL base.
- I think it would be better to port Frodo to Qt and use Qt GUI elements for settings dialog and use the system On screen keyboard if needed.
- Nevertheless a real C64 on screen keyboard with C64 layout based on Qt would be nice too.

What are the benefits of this plan:
- GUI is easier to develop.
- Frodo/Qt should work on future Maemo and Symbian devices which offer Qt.
- Frodo/Qt also could work on Windows Mobile.

I hope I have time to do this, but Help is welcome. A garage project to work together already exists. At the moement there is no code because I use the Frodo CVS from the original author of Frodo. But I think the code of a Frodo Qt port should move to this project when development starts.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to blachner For This Useful Post: