Active Topics

Originally Posted by jaark View Post
Sure, get your PAC when closing your O2 contract
Great... I thought I would have to supply the PAC during sign up. Didn't realise you could do it after getting the contract & sim. Thanks!

Last edited by slate8; 2009-09-23 at 14:25. Reason: Typo

Nope, you can only get your PAC from your current provider, so no way to get it during signup anyways. You will need to ask for it while terminating your old contract. You probably don't stand much chance of getting a number back after you drop it.

You may want to check if the company you are going to have any cut-off period after the start of a contract to accept a PAC code. I can't think of any good reason for one to exist, but many things defy explanation.

the £540 T-Mobile is looking most attractive right now, it means my preferred option of a cheap unlocked PayG phone has to be less than £360 before it becomes a serious option for me.

if its hits £350 for an uncrippled PayG version I will have to get one, I won't be able to say no.

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 208 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by patstew View Post
RE Hotspots: they should be free with WnW plus, which is the 3gb mobile broadband option, not with normal WnW which is included in these contracts.
Does seem to be the case.

WiFi HotSpot included in Mobile Broadband Plans

New customers that sign up to web'n'walk Plus, Max, or Plus Daily* can now enjoy WiFi access in any of our Tmobile HotSpots across the UK. So on top of 3G coverage across the country, unlimited WiFi Hotspots are included in the price - in places where you need WiFi the most, such as airports and hotels.

How do I start using WiFi HotSpots?

Once you've signed up to web'n'walk Plus, Max or Plus Daily follow these steps:

1. Text OPEN to 9526
2. You'll then receive your HotSpot username and password
3. Find your nearest HotSpot
4. Take your WiFi enabled laptop to the HotSpot location
5. Type your username and password into the HotSpot login screen
6. Surf the web!

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ England
If vodaphone do the n900 with there pay as you go mobile broadband (£15 for 1GB) it would be a very good option!

I've just gone for the T-Mobile option, so I can confirm that it only asks you for your current mobile number, not a PAC code during the order process.
I think that it's a pretty good deal for £532.47 including del. There is also a combi 20 option that has 200 mins/texts as opposed to 300 if you click on all contracts. That comes to £503.44 all in, so it's almost exactly the same as buying direct from nokia only you get 18 months of calls/texts/data thrown in.

Sorry for sounding like an advert

Originally Posted by MicroChip123 View Post
If vodaphone do the n900 with there pay as you go mobile broadband (£15 for 1GB) it would be a very good option!
Im guessing the 5GB for £15 from 3 would make your day then.

The Following User Says Thank You to dansus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
...There is also a combi 20 option that has 200 mins/texts as opposed to 300 if you click on all contracts. That comes to £503.44 all in, so it's almost exactly the same as buying direct from nokia only you get 18 months of calls/texts/data thrown in.
It gets better! If you click "View All Plans" there is also "Combi 15 + Web'n'Walk" for £19.57 per month over 18 months, plus £112.99 "for the phone".

That's a total of £465.25 which includes the device plus 18 months of data (Web'n'Walk 1GB / month soft limit) plus 100 minutes and 100 texts per month.

Roger

The Following User Says Thank You to eiffel For This Useful Post:
I think that it's a pretty good deal for £532.47 including del. There is also a combi 20 option that has 200 mins/texts as opposed to 300 if you click on all contracts. That comes to £503.44 all in, so it's almost exactly the same as buying direct from nokia only you get 18 months of calls/texts/data thrown in.
If you just want to get the best deal on the phone and dont care about data because like me you have a sim already, theres a option to pay £410 in total.

Combi 15 is £15pm and £140 upfront- £15 x 18m + £140 = £410.

The Following User Says Thank You to dansus For This Useful Post:
£29.39 * 24 = 705.36 = one hell of a lot. I'd recommend Orange's £5 per month 500mb mobile internet, can be added on to any Orange contract, not sure about having solely that though. And, personally, I wouldn't use anywhere near 600 mins. Need to wait and see what deals arise once the N900 gets popular over here.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cadabena For This Useful Post:

Tags
contract, n900