i get no wobble if i put N800 on it, so the weight of the tablet makes it wobble free for me.

the secondary Blue functionality probably works with Palms, Blackberries and PCs i assume.

If it's that simple....I'm going to shoot myself.

BOOOM!

Thanks

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
Originally Posted by james.bottomtooth View Post
i get no wobble if i put N800 on it, so the weight of the tablet makes it wobble free for me.

the secondary Blue functionality probably works with Palms, Blackberries and PCs i assume.
You speak the truth Jim! Thanks I guess, I've gotten so used to using the builtin stand that first thing I did is remove the keyboard's stand because I had deemed it unnecessary

Ok now one more question... Are you guys just leaving BlueTooth on all the time? If so is it adversely affecting your battery life when it's not actively connected to the keyboard (ie: icon is white vs icon is blue when connected)? If not, is there an easier way to turn on the antennae than going into control panel?

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by PinCushionQueen View Post
Ok now one more question... Are you guys just leaving BlueTooth on all the time? If so is it adversely affecting your battery life when it's not actively connected to the keyboard (ie: icon is white vs icon is blue when connected)? If not, is there an easier way to turn on the antennae than going into control panel?
I found a significant drop in battery life with BT continuously on and no device connected.

And no, there is no easier way (yet). In the previous model, the 770, BT was basically hacked by users. That applet had a persistent BT icon and single-click functionality.

But when the geniuses at Nokia (this is sarcasm, BTW) copied their efforts, they thought it would be fun to make it less useful, and it has remained crippled until today.

The Following User Says Thank You to Karel Jansens For This Useful Post:
Igo BlueTooth Keyboard

My wife bought me one of these for christmas but don't want it

selling on ebay here

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MESE:IT&ih=004

This PDA version has extra blue "functions" for win-ce and palmos, which don't apply to the Nokia, nor a normal windows, mac, or linux box, but it might be interesting to see if there are keycodes which can be xmodmapped. I think the more expensive version simply doesn't have these other labels. (Things like Phone, ToDo, Apps, Calc, Find).

The normal keys are all there and work and the keyboard has normal sized keys if overloaded functions.

BlueFunction +
F = menu button
H = FullScreen
J = Zoom+
K = Zoom-

And many apps have control and/or alt key shortcuts which work.

The only thing which really annoyed me is the how to open/close sticker which had a very aggressive adhesive which I probably won't get completely off for a week.

Re: that sticker - in another thread, General Antilles recommended Ronsonol lighter fluid to remove the adhesive. I'm going to give that a try when my keyboard arrives, because from what everyone says, that adhesive is really stubborn.

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
Originally Posted by ssmith View Post
Re: that sticker - in another thread, General Antilles recommended Ronsonol lighter fluid to remove the adhesive. I'm going to give that a try when my keyboard arrives, because from what everyone says, that adhesive is really stubborn.
I used Goo Gone (smells better than lighter fluid) and a razor blade - took maybe 5 mins. The hardest part was getting the stickers stuff off the keys.

Originally Posted by bilbo1 View Post
Igo BlueTooth Keyboard

My wife bought me one of these for christmas but don't want it

selling on ebay here

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MESE:IT&ih=004
Hey Bilo1;

Can you do anything on the cost of P&P to Ireland?