Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by lm2 View Post
can you walk through what one needs to do to get the microb 'view' feature to display text as word wrapped? i think you said earlier that there was some nifty configuration that made it look nice--and readable!
I think someone mentioned that installing Pronvit's webkit-eal would accomplish this. No real walkthrough needed, just make up your mind that you'd rather use webkit than gecko, and install it... I think it might even be in Extras these days, but not sure.

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
i recall having a issue with webkit-eal, it seemed to take forever to load the file. could be because i had a unicode letter in there (note handles that fine, microb tries to read it as ascii)...

hmm, never mind, i just tested, and webkit-eal has the same issue as microb...

and its less stable

Last edited by tso; 2009-02-11 at 23:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Remember that you can freely change which program is responsible for viewing files; whether it be leafpad, Pygtkeditor, etc.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
heh, seems tear do not like txt files :P

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
Suggested approach: watch the clipboard buffer, and whenever it changes (i.e., someone has copied/cut text somewhere), add the new content to a separate temporary list (say, most recent 10 clipboard items), then those can be transferred to the actual clipping files at the user's leisure when they're back out of fullscreen.

A related option, but one I think would prove annoying, is to monitor clipboard, and when it changes, bring up a dialog asking you where to save it (or cancel), but the heavy use of clipboard rather than primary on a touchscreen means you'd be canceling that dialog infuriatingly often.
While this may work for some needs, it wouldn't help with what I want. The great thing about Quick Clip is that I can quickly get things copied; I don't want to have had to copy anything to the clipboard first, as the method you suggest would require. For me the issue is that I prefer the browser in full-screen mode and Quick Clip is not available in that mode; but neither is any other program that would copy to the clipboard.

Do you think getting a hardware key to trigger Quick Clip is too tricky?

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
I removed the user.conf as instructed and installed your deb, and every single thing seems to work just great. (I'm using Diablo.)

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post:
I updated the .deb & link in the first post (it is now the same as the, apparently, working version I posted a little while ago).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrentDC For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Chinook here: now it's allright

hi when i try to install it says missing packages ---hildon desktop and python loader--where do or how do i get this

cheers ed

hi when i try to install it says missing packages ---hildon desktop and python loader--where do or how do i get this

cheers ed

Tags
announcement, python, quick clip, statusbar