Posts: 62 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Pune, India
How do i uninstall MEEGO v1.2 Developer's Edition?
well i tried formatting my SD card (8GB) on the PC it only showed up 3.5GB of space.

Any help?

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by cooldubai View Post
How do i uninstall MEEGO v1.2 Developer's Edition?
well i tried formatting my SD card (8GB) on the PC it only showed up 3.5GB of space.

Any help?
Remove the partitioning from the card (using fdisk, gparted, etc.) and create a new partition that uses the entire space.

The Following User Says Thank You to timoph For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by timoph View Post
Remove the partitioning from the card (using fdisk, gparted, etc.) and create a new partition that uses the entire space.
Can't find any tutorial reg partitioning..

Last edited by cooldubai; 2011-08-23 at 11:41.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
...you did install Meego, but you have no clue how to partition? Better keep your hands off next time. anyway, here's a guide.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by naninenu View Post
See the process below
To use Windows (XP, Vista, 7) to copy the image to your Micro SDHC card, you will need to make sure:

You can unpackage the image file. To do this you will need a compression utility, like 7-Zip http://7zip.com
You have an image writer utility, like Win32DiskImager.exe
https://launchpad.net/win32-image-writer/+download
Using your preferred compression utility, extract the contents of the downloaded image. Once uncompressed, you will have a named directory containing the MeeGo Handset Images.

Once you have extracted and located the image you wish to install, use your preferred image writer to write the image to your Micro SD card. Here’s an example of the process you may follow to use the W32DiskImager:

Run W32DiskImager.exe.
Select the desired MeeGo Handset Image.
Select the drive letter for your Micro SDHC card.
Click the “Write” button to start writing the MeeGo Handset Image to the Micro SDHC card.

You should down load the image available in
http://repository.maemo.org/meego/n9...de-acceptance/
The image with extension raw.bz2

You also need to download and install uboot for PR 1.3 from extras-devel

Hope this helps
Thanks for the tips, working like a charm, no terminal hustle or codes, got to say it, as much as i'm looking forward for the N9, but N900 is the best handset i have ever tried in the last 10 years and i think it has more to come, keep it up guys and f**k corporate and nokia if that mattaer

Cheeeeers

right now I just finished installing the first package, extra audio support for N900 handset , and attempting to run all possible software updates, it's taking a while but again it's from and SD and there is around 95 packages to update, will come back with the results soon i hope

Originally Posted by shishtox View Post
right now I just finished installing the first package, extra audio support for N900 handset , and attempting to run all possible software updates, it's taking a while but again it's from and SD and there is around 95 packages to update, will come back with the results soon i hope
All the updates went very smooth, but i think some was uncalled for, as i think it's not ready for N900 yet,
-calc doesn't open,
-meego video also doesn't open,
-Kasvopus- stuck in a loop

for the most it works, specially when it comes to making phone calls, sms, which what u expect the least from your mobile phone.

cheers

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Hmm. If i read the status and the high profile issue lists linked there, i would refrain, even now.

Originally Posted by timoph View Post
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
...you did install Meego, but you have no clue how to partition? Better keep your hands off next time. anyway, here's a guide.
Thanks for helping,

was quite simple, used sfdisk.

Tags
dumb users, meego ruined