Active Topics

My N900 is several months old now and mechanically it feels exactly as on the first day. Slider and everything is holding up just fine.

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 486 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, England
Anyone with a really loose slider (and tightening the screws as suggested by Grant doesn't help) should have a look at this video, seems a fairly easy job to me....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6J4ZHUoTXc

Last edited by Dancairo; 2010-04-20 at 15:31.

Originally Posted by Dancairo View Post
Anyone with a really loose slider (and tightening the screws as suggested by Grant doesn't help) should have a look at this video, seems a fairly easy job to me....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6J4ZHUoTXc
That is a fix but i personally think a 500 dollar phone shouldn't have issues like this.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pogi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 423 | Thanked: 486 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, England
Originally Posted by Pogi View Post
That is a fix but i personally think a 500 dollar phone shouldn't have issues like this.
I absolutely agree with you but I would much rather do that than send it to Nokia repair service!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So the nokia repair center returned my phone saying they could not duplicate the problem so they reflash my phone and erased everything idiots, didn't even brother to call for more details. I don't know what to tell them for them to understand if you look at the image above clearly my screen wobbles/pivots on the way down. This is starting to piss me off.

Posts: 378 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So the nokia repair center returned my phone saying they could not duplicate the problem so they reflash my phone and erased everything idiots, didn't even brother to call for more details. I don't know what to tell them for them to understand if you look at the image above clearly my screen wobbles/pivots on the way down. This is starting to piss me off.

Uhm... my phone's screen has been wobbling when its slided half way, since the day i took it out of the box. Its suppose to wobble except when in full slide out position or when slider is completly closed...

Originally Posted by mthmob View Post
Uhm... my phone's screen has been wobbling when its slided half way, since the day i took it out of the box. Its suppose to wobble except when in full slide out position or when slider is completly closed...
The screen is suppose to slide down evenly not drag the other side down.

@Pogi : Same "problem" with my device since the first day too.

The screen is suppose to slide down evenly not drag the other side down.
I've had mine since December and it's always done that, ever so slightly. I can't say it's a problem, since it has no repercussions whatsoever and I tend not to use it in a half-open state.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cambridge UK
Originally Posted by blwthompson View Post
mine was a little shaky then my gf decided to get coke on it and now its all stiff
Same here, except lemonade.

Easy to fix though, get some tiny screwdirivers.. this video shows you what 6 screws to undo:

http://www.tehkseven.net/news/nokia-...0-disassembly/

The start of the video shows you how to take the 2 halves apart, once you've done that clean all the guides and exposed sliding parts with some isopropyl alcohol or wet earbuds or cotton or similar.. reassemble and it will be as good as new, mine is..

Good luck!

Tags
lack of quality control, loose slider