Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
THere is actually two guitar tuner apps for N9
Guitar Tuner https://projects.developer.nokia.com...iles/downloadsonly
And
Afinatron by iNDT, in spanish
http://store.ovi.com/content/230671?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kozzi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fwiffo View Post
About the Android compatibility... Will it be like what they say on my-maemo.com or FULL compatibility?
Yes, I agree, and when will OS/2 ever run Win32 applications!!!

On a more serious note, I wouldn't buy a phone for its ability to run Android apps, but _some_ things would be useful, luckily most of them are probably just simple apps. Some examples: airlines that can't be bothered to create an application for anything that isn't iOS/Android, certain retail stores with applications with cool features, certian gadgets that have an optional application and you want that cool feature. Hopefully, all pretty simple stuff, then you leave the native applications for the grown ups.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
there is demand for non-camera Jolla(or other manufacturers) phone, especially in Singapore. will Jolla makes one for this market?

The Following User Says Thank You to youmeego For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
there is demand for non-camera Jolla(or other manufacturers) phone, especially in Singapore. will Jolla makes one for this market?
Presumably you expect a _cheaper_ phone as a result of it not having a camera - question is, how much cheaper?

If that's not the case, why wouldn't you want a camera? If you really don't want one, get a second half without a lens hole and off you go.

Also, you may want to ask Jolla themselves on Twitter or similar - my guess is that they won't do that right now.

The Following User Says Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Only reason for not wanting camera I can think of is your job demanding not to have one. Or is there something else?
Price wise I can't see it making any difference as it mostly just brings added costs on manufacturing as long as the demand is limited.

You also got a think does Jolla even wanna release phone without camera. It's a important sensor and Jolla might wanna see its phones having some kind of hardware parity, so they all start from the same page, and see that all of their work around software related to camera ends to all of their phones.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Prague, Czech
Originally Posted by tanago View Post
not a forum thread but still sumarizing whats known http://www.gsmarena.com/jolla_jolla-5457.php
Realy? Realy is information "Java Yes, via Java MIDP emulator" right ? gsmarena have too many wrong param ..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaacz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Prague, Czech
Originally Posted by soryuuha View Post
according to Lumiaman, only WP, Tizen, BB10, s30, s40, Android and iOS deserve to live on this earth.
Tizen ? LOL.
We may debate about this after one year. And be good in this time to know sum of Jolla and Tizen smartphones.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kaacz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post

Just grab a sample buffer, do a FFT on it and present the results on a GUI of your liking. I vaguely remember doing something like that when I was a child, for a sonar project I did... using 6502 assembly
Wow. For what kind of sample rate (and spectral resolution) could a 6502 compute FFTs in real time? I needed a DSP back "in the day" to analyze ~15 kHz wide signal, and I could only get 256 bin resolution at that. Stone knives and bear skins, practically. (And really, I wasn't even doing "real" real-time, since in actuality I was just grabbing the middle of every fourth sweep of an FM-CW RADAR baseband output.)

The Following User Says Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
THere is actually two guitar tuner apps for N9
The Maemo tuner is a general purpose chromatic tuner, rather than a guitar tuner. So it could (presumably) be used for winds and strings, etc.

Also, Afinatron seems to be gone from the Nokia Store, or at least not available in my area. And Guitar Tuner for Harmattan v. 1.3.1 has DNS bug, while v. 1.3 seems a little buggy -- and it looks like development for this platform has stopped.

The Following User Says Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
Wow. For what kind of sample rate (and spectral resolution) could a 6502 compute FFTs in real time? I needed a DSP back "in the day" to analyze ~15 kHz wide signal, and I could only get 256 bin resolution at that. Stone knives and bear skins, practically. (And really, I wasn't even doing "real" real-time, since in actuality I was just grabbing the middle of every fourth sweep of an FM-CW RADAR baseband output.)
It was real bad just as you guessed

I had an MPF-II, my first computer back then (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microprofessor_II) which was pretty decent plaything but not any powerhouse. 1MHz 6502, 64KB DRAM.
It had ROM BASIC but to get anything of value out from it you had to code in 65xx-ML. The really nice thing in it (which was better than in Commodore-64 IMHO) was that it had also disassembler and hex editor in ROM.
Mind you, only disassembler, no ASM compiler. What it practiaclly meant, I coded in ASM on pencil & notepad, and then compiled it by hand to ML which then I wrote down in hexedit.

I recently found a stack of my old notepads from my parent's house, (the type used generally in schools, with the squary blue backgrounds) filled with ASM->ML code... Boy it took time to code simple routines that way

But back to the FFT thingy; I experimented with sonar, the computer generated an audio signal and got input via microphone (really simple setup on MPF-II, really just a 1-bit oversampling digitizer driven by SW).
All processing was done in the same loop as the sampling and sending as there was no real multitasking on the device.
I don't remember what the sample rate was, but it was well in the upper audible range, over 10khz anyway. Accuracy was crap but it did work as a proof of concept and boy was I proud of it

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla