Originally Posted by shacky4 View Post
Thanks for the info. I guess I'll give up on this. What a bummer, though. It just seems that if the unit has a media player and it has bluetooth, it should be able to play audio through bluetooth headphones!
The 770 doesn't have enough CPU power for the current A2DP algorithms. It's that simple. Sorry.

Originally Posted by trevarthan View Post
The 770 doesn't have enough CPU power for the current A2DP algorithms. It's that simple. Sorry.
it does actually. I'm playing with n770 and a2dp and it's quite usable. mplayer + mp3 decoding 192kb + sbc code takes 50% cpu.

2007HE needed, and the sbc is far from optimal. But it works.

Originally Posted by dabuplayer View Post
it does actually. I'm playing with n770 and a2dp and it's quite usable. mplayer + mp3 decoding 192kb + sbc code takes 50% cpu.

OK. That's cool. So what all was needed to make that happen? Did you have to install ALSA and build a new version of mplayer or something?

I have the hacker edition, and it comes with alsa (i recommend it to any 2006 users, works great and much better than 2006)

I had to build the sbc codec and a2dp packages, and also recompile mplayer with mp3 and alsa support for n770 (the one for n800 will NOT work, due to different cpu optimizations)

mplayer from commandline works great with a2dp, but from kagu it skips badly. You could set the priority for the a2dpd deamon to a higher value with renice but this requires root and is far from comfortable.

I'm working on a simple mp3 player with playlist and other basic features so that the n770 users can also enjoy a2dp.

cheers

[edit]
i just realised that if kagu would release the cpu faster when idle, it would be usable on n770. Right now it's _almost_ ok in the song view, but any other screen seems to do extensive drawing even when idle, causing skipping

Most of the screens are static anyway, so some simple optimizations to redraw only what/when needed would save some cpu (and battery) allowing a lot of n770 users to enjoy wireless music with a great player

Last edited by dabuplayer; 2007-09-26 at 16:09.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Los Angeles
On a related side question, what a2dp headsets are everyone using with the n800?

I'm in the market for either a small receiver to use with existing headphones or a headset I can use at the gym (no cables to trip over = good thing )

Eventually, I'm hoping to watch recorded tv episodes on mplayer via a2dp headsets.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
I am using nokia bh-601. They are pretty good.... but not out of the world. I got them real cheap for 40$ on ebay. If you are looking for a good pair.... i would suggest waiting for nokia bh- 604 which was recently announced. It has not yet started to ship... but being a big nokia fan..... i would like to get them.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970 headphones (with microphone and call answering) - they're OK.

I have the hacker edition, and it comes with alsa (i recommend it to any 2006 users, works great and much better than 2006)

I had to build the sbc codec and a2dp packages, and also recompile mplayer with mp3 and alsa support for n770 (the one for n800 will NOT work, due to different cpu optimizations)

mplayer from commandline works great with a2dp, but from kagu it skips badly. You could set the priority for the a2dpd deamon to a higher value with renice but this requires root and is far from comfortable.

I'm working on a simple mp3 player with playlist and other basic features so that the n770 users can also enjoy a2dp.

cheers

How about copying and zipping your card contents you mentioned above and either email it our on request or allow downloads of it so that those of us that can't do all that you have done could enjoy the features?!

[edit]
i just realised that if kagu would release the cpu faster when idle, it would be usable on n770. Right now it's _almost_ ok in the song view, but any other screen seems to do extensive drawing even when idle, causing skipping

Most of the screens are static anyway, so some simple optimizations to redraw only what/when needed would save some cpu (and battery) allowing a lot of n770 users to enjoy wireless music with a great player
How about copying and zipping your card contents you mentioned above and either email it out on request or allow downloads of it so that those of us that can't do all that you have done could enjoy the features?!

Posts: 503 | Thanked: 267 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Helsinki

I don't know about A2DP (don't have bluetooth headphones), but in my tests ALSA worked on OS2006 after installing libasound2_1.0.10-osso7_armel.deb and osso-dsp-plugin-alsa_0.7_armel.deb from http://repository.maemo.org/pool/bora/free/binary/ and tweaking /usr/share/alsa/alsa.conf as described in https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/ind...d=164&atid=681

ALSA support is not enabled for n770 build of MPlayer because ALSA is not normally available in OS2006. Once somebody creates ALSA package for OS2006 which works out of the box and puts it into garage extras repository, it will be possible to add official support for ALSA to n770 build of mplayer. ALSA would be probably also useful for other applications.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
hey serge,

Is it possible to setup a2dp without the use of kaju? If someone can seperate kaju and a2dp giving the a2dp function as a seperate function it would reduce the cpu load and allow us to do something else like browsing etc while listening to a2dp via streaming radio. I am not saying that kaju is bad infact it is great but we dont need the kaju interface when we are listening to internet radio via mplayer and a2dp. For the regular songs in the memory cards kaju works like a charm..... just wanted to ask

thanks