Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by malkavian View Post
Yeah, I now, but if no international prefix, number is not synced and then not sent to Whatsapp servers, is it?
Correct. (1234567890 I hate this 10 char limit).

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
If you're so concerned my suggestion is to avoid the software at all costs in any of its forms (Yappari, Java Port, Wazapp, etc) and use another IM.
I would do, but a lot of friends use whatsapp although Google-talk or others are better except for groups.

Edit:Ops, to change the IMEI I have to register again, so I will have to wait your new version.

Last edited by malkavian; 2012-05-31 at 23:16.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
@DerCommander, thanks for your report. I'm expecting bugs and crashes since it's alpha software. I'm already working in a new version with registration (so more people can use it) and some bug fixes.

I'm also thinking since it's alpha let it write logs in a file like MyDocs/yappari.log so when it crashes you guys can send me that. It'll be a helpful feature that will be turned off when we move to beta/final release.
I'm looking forward to the next version.
If you need any help let me know. I'm having much experiences in C++ and python, but unfortunately never did something on my lovely N900. It looks like that your code bases on qt, so maybe one could help then on some parts without any mobile phone programming knowledge.

Regarding the log files: yes, that would be a very nice feature. I would be happy to forward the output.

Cheers,
DerCommander

The Following User Says Thank You to DerCommander For This Useful Post:
Posts: 53 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
yeah, I tried install and it is working, though no one is online for me to test out the chinese text :-D previously whatsapp java only can display english text

The Following User Says Thank You to rayson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rayson View Post
yeah, I tried install and it is working, though no one is online for me to test out the chinese text :-D previously whatsapp java only can display english text
I wonder if it'll work. I tried special spanish characters like áéíóúñ and they work.

But chinese is Unicode and I think all Whatsapp traffic is UTF-8 so I'm not sure if that will work. Have you tried chinese on an iPhone/Android?

tested chinese text working, the other party can read and write back for me to see in chinese text as well, I only got one phone and that's N900 :-D

However, icon/picture not capable showing out, not even any scamble code, think being filter out from display

The Following User Says Thank You to rayson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rayson View Post
However, icon/picture not capable showing out, not even any scamble code, think being filter out from display
If you're referring to multimedia messages or smileys, they are not implemented yet. They are in the ToDo list in the first post of this thread, and that list will be followed in order (more or less).

take your time :-) we all have waited for years, no rush to wait for a little longer

can we change our status ?

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Twente, NL
I just installed it. and it works perfect. really good job!!
I'm looking forward for any updates :P

The Following User Says Thank You to Kaamp For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp