Active Topics

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
..., but also *manually* (avoiding automatic setup for gmail!) adding imap account for gmail, typing ports by the hand etc, should help. I haven't tried it yet, it's just a theory.
Nope.
I always configure my mail accounts manually.
(stock system PR1.3.1, no cssu; some libs from devel)

But hopefully fmg is right and find time and this bug.
I need to think it is more or less a buggy mail client on our device, as I also have problems on a t-online.de account with IMAP folders (cant see spam and self created folders) and since end of last year even worse with a gmx.de account (no IMAP folders at all excluding Inbox). At that time I also thought of some change at gmx.de side (which may have happened, but idk), but now it seems it is on N900 side. All my other mail clients (incl. N9) do not have problems.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2013-06-12 at 12:05. Reason: added system info

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Are there any major drawbacks to using offlineimap with Modest, apart from the storage issue?

The Following User Says Thank You to Xagoln For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
It's possible, that gmail changed something to non-standard, yet, supported by most mainstream mail clients. So called "corporate spoiling" of standards, i.e. enforcing adapting to your shitte, just because you're popular. I'm not sure if it's the case here, but it is very suspicious, that problems started to appear in sync with google adding a new "feature" (no matter if you want it or not).
Possible, but just not true in this case.

I'm using a prehistoric solution for gmail (offlineimap, dovecot, alpine) and it works fine.

If gmail had changed anything, then offlineimap would have shouted.
At home I use something similar (mbsync instead of offlineimap) and it also works OK.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
I agree with Copernicus that it seems to be a bug in modest

EDIT:

More precisely - not in modest, but in tinymail-camel
Would be interesting to gather some statistics re. CSSU vs stock. Does camel use sqlite for storage? didn't CSSU have a new version of sqlite?

Just questions thrown around, in case something hits a nerve...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 68 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Ukraine
same bug. Catastrophe!

now - CSSU-stable

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to badazimer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 238 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by reinob
I'm using a prehistoric solution for gmail (offlineimap, dovecot, alpine) and it works fine
Reinob,is this is the source for gmail setttings on imap under offlineimap http://wiki.maemo.org/Improving_Mode...nc_reliability
regards

The Following User Says Thank You to disappear For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by disappear View Post
Reinob,is this is the source for gmail setttings on imap under offlineimap http://wiki.maemo.org/Improving_Mode...nc_reliability
regards
(off-topic here, but..)

Yes, you can find most of the relevant information there. I don't use offlineimap's background checking option but call it periodically using alarmed. I remember I had to tweak offlineimap (it's a python script) and the dovecot settings to reduce the power consumption.

And I still have to fix a bug in Modest (which I use together with alpine), which doesn't let you see the inbox unless it thinks you are connected to Internet (even though I've set it to download IMAP emails from 127.0.0.1, i.e. the local IMAP server).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Strange It was working fine until i updated CSSU stable yesterday(there where fixes for modest there).
Now I can use one account without any problem and second one inbox does not work. I can still read sent messages.

The Following User Says Thank You to hardkorek For This Useful Post:
After removing /home/user/.modest I have message that it is not avliable on the server on both account. Are sure that it is not last CSSU stable update fault - i was using gmail without any problems till yesterday.

The Following User Says Thank You to hardkorek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by hardkorek View Post
Are sure that it is not last CSSU stable update fault - i was using gmail without any problems till yesterday.
Absolutely certain. I'm not using CSSU at all, and my copy of Modest has the problem.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:

Tags
modest, nokia n900