Active Topics

Don't know much at all about this subject,
but my old plantronics 340 which I used with my SE TM506, does not pair with the N900.

The N900 does not even see it at all. Anyone know why this could be? Does the headset have "older" BT technology or something that the N900 does not support?

thanks

tried using my n900 with a motorola car kit T305 ... it pairs fine... gets disconnected randomly... couldn't hold a convo for more than a couple of minutes... then it;s completely silent... i turn off the car kit, n900 still think its connected...
audio quality (when connected and never for more than 2 min) is fine, no distortions with edge connection active....
voting for the bug.....

- Nokia BH-905 bluetooth headset with active noice cancilation.
- JVC KD-BT11 bluetooth carstereo.

Sadly it doesn't perform well. It's definetly a N900 issue. I've extensively tested the headset against another phone and my laptop and there it performs well.

Reasons it's not performing well:
- under load music speed ups and slow downs are noticeable
- choppy sound when it's set to automatically pick it's best datanetwork
- choppy sound when it's set manual as well (when the data network (3g/2g) is flaky and switching between those 2 types)
- Bluetooth stack will crash my headset when caller and receiver simultaniously disconnect a phone call.
- Bluetooth connection with the KD-BT11 will often hang the phone application in a freeze state when there's a long time of no communication between the devices while being paired.
- Bluetooth connection with the KD-BT11 may seem ok and when the phone rings and gets answered, it will not forward any audio (incoming and outgoing). This can't be fixed, but you're able to switch from headset to internal speaker and all will function properly.

need any other noticable bugs?

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by jrkalf View Post
- Nokia BH-905 bluetooth headset with active noice cancilation.
- JVC KD-BT11 bluetooth carstereo.

Sadly it doesn't perform well. It's definetly a N900 issue. I've extensively tested the headset against another phone and my laptop and there it performs well.

Reasons it's not performing well:
- under load music speed ups and slow downs are noticeable
- choppy sound when it's set to automatically pick it's best datanetwork
- choppy sound when it's set manual as well (when the data network (3g/2g) is flaky and switching between those 2 types)
- Bluetooth stack will crash my headset when caller and receiver simultaniously disconnect a phone call.
- Bluetooth connection with the KD-BT11 will often hang the phone application in a freeze state when there's a long time of no communication between the devices while being paired.
- Bluetooth connection with the KD-BT11 may seem ok and when the phone rings and gets answered, it will not forward any audio (incoming and outgoing). This can't be fixed, but you're able to switch from headset to internal speaker and all will function properly.

need any other noticable bugs?
Do a search for Bluetooth and get on the bug bandwagon at bugs.maemo.org That's our best chance to get this fixed. It is major in my opinion. The BT is a mess here.

My Nokia N900 is not recognizing my "Argard M10" bluetooth headset. I've used this headset with my Nokia E71 with no problem.

I've also tried pairing it with a Plantronic discovery headset, it will sometimes work and most of the time it disconnects. the receiving end of the call can not hear me even when I speak loudly.

It also does not pair with my Panasonic Link to Cell Convergence Solution model #KX-TH1212. Which again paired with my Nokia E71 with no problem.
I'm very frustrated. I can't get Nokia to respond to this problem.

I am having a Nokia BH-905 and when I tried to call others using Bluetooth on a train or in a noisy environment, the other side reported that the sound was so choppy that he simply could not understand what I am speaking. However, it seems that if I use the same headset with another phone (a Blackberry Bold), there is still some choppiness but it's not as serious. However, it seems to work well (even with my N900) if I am in an indoor (or not so noisy) environment. I'm really unsure if it is a problem with my BH-905 headset or my N900...

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
My Advantalk VFU-BTHS-03 work great with my Nokia N95 and N93i. But on my N900 it struggle to providing a clear sound. N900 seem to have a little miss communicate with the bluetooth headset.

I have to tweak it a little to make it work for a temporary period. Hold the volume key (-) on the bluetooth headset until the N900 decides to use the speaker mode. Then switch it back to headset and voila sound is clear again. But once the device is on Idle and the N900 just go on to the battery save mode, it just back to the same old problem again lol.

This is a must fix problem on N900

My Plantronics 260 works great with N900, but the well-known problem with the few numbers of profiles mean also that when you connect a pair Bluetooth-earphones you canīt hear neither ring - or the message signals. It is no problems when you listens on music, but when you ”only” has them connected so…
By the way so is it also problems when you listen to music, for the message signal is only one blipp.

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ England, UK
Originally Posted by dantonic View Post
Don't know much at all about this subject,
but my old plantronics 340 which I used with my SE TM506, does not pair with the N900.

The N900 does not even see it at all. Anyone know why this could be? Does the headset have "older" BT technology or something that the N900 does not support?

thanks
My N900 can't see my Plantronics Discovery 925 at all.

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Marseille , France
I have a sony dr-bt21g and it works good , sometimes small cuts in the sounds but pretty happy.