Closed Thread
Posts: 36 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Oct 2014 @ California
I'd like to see Wire messenger by Swiss gmbH .Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to Zoloo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by c0ck4m0u53 View Post
Finally got some spare time on my hands and so I have decided to tackle the rtorrent issue.

What I did was, hunted down all the missing dependencies on RPMfind, using the ones prebuilt for Fedora.
Basically what I needed were 4 packages: xmlrpc-c, libsigc++20, libtorrent and rtorrent itself.

After the installation I needed a working rtorrent.rc file so I have just modified the one from my main computer and copied it to the jolla home folder.
for anyone else interested i've got a build of rtorrent on my mer OBS repository http://repo.merproject.org/obs/home:...atest_armv7hl/

so its as easy as adding the repo to your list and installing via pkcon/zypper

I didn't build it with xmlrpc as I figured people would most likely use rtorrent directly via console rather than with a web frontend

Last edited by r0kk3rz; 2014-12-27 at 18:37.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Is there somewhere more up to date application list as the list in the 1st post is misleading?

Didn't have time to go through the thread but many of the apps in the list are now available in Sailfish OS.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to walokra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I would like to see a browser that can play lots of videos directly in browser like safari for iPad/iPhone. Even more important for sailfish tablet.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I would like to see a browser that can play lots of videos directly in browser like safari for iPad/iPhone. Even more important for sailfish tablet.
WebCat can do dat.

Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
I would like an app like vchannel on ios, an video rss reader

And aplease someone takes over the work of cutetube developer to bring it into jolla sailfish.
Why not ditch CuteTube and have the dev contribute to YTPlayer instead? No need for 2 YouTube clients when YTPlayer is already shaping up quite nicely. (nothing against multiple apps doing the same thing, but we're not mainstream here so no gazillion devs around so let's try to minimize fragmentation)

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by vistaus View Post
WebCat can do dat.
seriously? I doubt that. But would be cool if true.

Is this the one?
https://openrepos.net/content/llelectronics/webcat

Edit: no its not playing all the vids in browser not even if you select html5 it wont play it.

One thing that i like with it is that you can fast click url and not like standard browser where you have to go to tabs view first.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-01-04 at 13:13.

Strange. Last WebCat update was supposed to enable HTML5 video playback in WebCat...

Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
The stock browser is playing youtube videos on my jolla...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Watchmaker For This Useful Post:
I remember reading something somewhere about someone (thinking about) developing a 4chan application. Anyone know what I'm talking about and/or if any development has actually taken place?

In any case, I'd definitely be interested in an application for 4chan browsing.

Closed Thread

Tags
applications, fm transmiter, infrared led, sailfish