Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Hy guys, new version here. This one should record DVD/HD videos with following stable fps:

1280x720@25
960x720@30
1024x576@30
720x576@30

Even if you use stock DSP codecs or stock kernel it is still worth to install it, it should record more smooth videos(i.e. no stutter at all) for stock resolutions.

What is still missing is correct labels for HD/DVD resolutions and appropriate icons. I would appreciate if someone helps me with the icons as I am an awful graphics designer
I installed it along with kp49(SR enabled to 900MHZ) but still have the old ui, even after reboot. I just downloaded that archive and installed these 3 files with dpkg -i in xterm. After that I rebooted but I couldn't choose any HD resolution or anything from the camera-ui. I even reinstalled after reboot and did killall camera-ui.

Why the options aren't showing up?

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@mr_pingu you must have HD DSP codecs from n950 to have HD/DVD options in camera-ui

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
AFAIK N900 camera module doesn't have physical shutter (does any "phone" camera got one?), just enabling and disabling sensor. Or have I misunderstood something?
At least N73 should have mechanical shutter. Shutter here (as for N900) means electronic one. Rolling shutter = data is read out line by line, whereas global shutter flushes whole image at once (in very short descriptions),.Most CMOS sensors have rolling shutter, especially the larger format ones. CCD almost always implements global. This is f.e. important for video surveillance w/ biomteric recognition scenarios and moving subjects (what, surprisingly, is one of the use cases that my job is related to)

EDIt: quite late to the party, your post was already answered by patlak and Tiago.

Last edited by don_falcone; 2011-11-13 at 15:32.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Since installing the latest version, I just stuck with the image of what is the goal. I have to force the closure of the application and not recorded any videos.

Posts: 518 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ italy
Originally Posted by WhiteWolf View Post
Since installing the latest version, I just stuck with the image of what is the goal. I have to force the closure of the application and not recorded any videos.
i've got the same problem too.. It doesn't record any video.. i ve kp49, firmagordons's patch, but doesnt work with the new camera UI deb you suggested

*** SORRY, i made a mistake.. I just installed the camera UI u suggested, leaving the others files... I try again installing others two files. sorry again

Last edited by santiago; 2011-11-13 at 18:00.

While getting accustomed to hardware keyboard shortcuts for actions in camera-ui2 (version from latest testing CSSU), I've come across few things, that may be bugs:

1. While recording, using on-screen button for pause and resume video does work ok. Ho ever, using "p" on keyboard for same purpose, pauses video, but using it again for resuming, result in "stuck" viewfinder (with video total time still progressing, it's recording), or, in worse cases, stuck camera-ui2. It is 100% reproduceable in my case, and don't appear, when I use on-screen button.

2. While recording video @ NightVideo mode, changing focus during recording doesn't work - by using camera button, nor f/F g/G hardware buttons. Ho ever, it *does* work, when using "0" and "1" hardware buttons (max/min focus) - I've checked that optics in camera module does move physically (to max and min, as it should). So, it doesn't seem that it is hardcoded or hardware limitation.

3. I'm sure this was mentioned here, but, can't find it ATM - while recording video, with indicator light disabled (by use of "h" hardware key), indicator light re-appear on each and every use of camera button (to adjust focus). I doesn't appear, when using manual focus.

If this is somehow out of being fixable for camera ui, maybe workaround, of adding on-screen button for auto-focus (thus avoiding using of camera button, when indicator light is turned off) would be good idea?

4. during taking photos without flash, indicator lights blink brightly for the moment. It is not possible to disable it for that mode in any way (although it's possible to turn it "on" permanently in camera mode, it doesn't prevent it from going on and "blink" in moment of taking photo. Nor does enabling it and disabling). Is there any way to get rid of it?

I think KP team is preparing something related to indicator light (a user-configurable value, to disable it permanently) - but I'm not sure if I remember correctly. That would make point 3 and 4 irrelevant. Ho ever, if including on-screen autofocus (point 3) button isn't much hassle, it could be useful anyway.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
While getting accustomed to hardware keyboard shortcuts for actions in camera-ui2 (version from latest testing CSSU), I've come across few things, that may be bugs:

1. While recording, using on-screen button for pause and resume video does work ok. Ho ever, using "p" on keyboard for same purpose, pauses video, but using it again for resuming, result in "stuck" viewfinder (with video total time still progressing, it's recording), or, in worse cases, stuck camera-ui2. It is 100% reproduceable in my case, and don't appear, when I use on-screen button.
Fixable

2. While recording video @ NightVideo mode, changing focus during recording doesn't work - by using camera button, nor f/F g/G hardware buttons. Ho ever, it *does* work, when using "0" and "1" hardware buttons (max/min focus) - I've checked that optics in camera module does move physically (to max and min, as it should). So, it doesn't seem that it is hardcoded or hardware limitation.
No autofocus on night video mode, I don't think I can change this.
The autofocus is handled by the camera driver (or the omapcam daemon).

3. I'm sure this was mentioned here, but, can't find it ATM - while recording video, with indicator light disabled (by use of "h" hardware key), indicator light re-appear on each and every use of camera button (to adjust focus). I doesn't appear, when using manual focus.
The same as for 2. it is handle by the camera driver.

If this is somehow out of being fixable for camera ui, maybe workaround, of adding on-screen button for auto-focus (thus avoiding using of camera button, when indicator light is turned off) would be good idea?
It doesn't matter how to start autofocus. As soon as the camera driver starts
autofocus, it controls the indicator light as well.

4. during taking photos without flash, indicator lights blink brightly for the moment. It is not possible to disable it for that mode in any way (although it's possible to turn it "on" permanently in camera mode, it doesn't prevent it from going on and "blink" in moment of taking photo. Nor does enabling it and disabling). Is there any way to get rid of it?
The only thing you can do, use a custom led driver kernel
module

Nicolai

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Hy guys, new version here. This one should record DVD/HD videos with following stable fps:

1280x720@25
960x720@30
1024x576@30
720x576@30

Even if you use stock DSP codecs or stock kernel it is still worth to install it, it should record more smooth videos(i.e. no stutter at all) for stock resolutions.

What is still missing is correct labels for HD/DVD resolutions and appropriate icons. I would appreciate if someone helps me with the icons as I am an awful graphics designer
This are great news I like the camera of the N900 but the low video recording resolution was always a bit annoying. Being able to record videos in HD resolution at 25 FPS is a decent upgrade

I think it might be nice to have also a option to use 23.976 frame/s so you get a cinema like feeling at HD records.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Crogge View Post
This are great news I like the camera of the N900 but the low video recording resolution was always a bit annoying. Being able to record videos in HD resolution at 25 FPS is a decent upgrade

I think it might be nice to have also a option to use 23.976 frame/s so you get a cinema like feeling at HD records.
Not supported in camera firmware, no way to happen.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 182 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by nicolai View Post
Fixable

No autofocus on night video mode, I don't think I can change this.
The autofocus is handled by the camera driver (or the omapcam daemon).

[....]

Nicolai
What is possible is manual focus. I have 'Live Focus' installed, a script which adds manual focus to the stock camera. It still works with camera-ui2, also in night video mode.
I believe it also adds some control over lights, but it's a bit clunky in video mode.

The creator is no longer around I believe, but it's a Python script.

The Following User Says Thank You to maartenmk For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera-ui, fremantle