Active Topics

Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
I guess if an aosp6 rebase is successful maybe the situation improves. Only reason I attempted an aosp6 rebase is because I want better bluetooth. At the moment though things aren't going so well
When you say "better bluetooth," do you mean that you have working bluetooth audio with the cm11 base?

Edit: the sensor disparity is quite possibly related to bootloader version. When bootloader changes have broken blobs, z axis rotation has seemed (from my experiences) to have been the first to go. If you check strings or glance through leaked qcom vendor sources, you'll see that the differing blobs support the various hammerhead hardware.

Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Since yesterday, I run the sensors drivers from KOT49H (so older than the KTU84x based which are the ones in CM11) and they haven't crashed yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to romu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
You know about the general bug 820: sensors: random crashs?

KOT49H CPU consumption is too high, those of llelectronics work perfectly in Messwerk and CPU consumption is okay, but rotation stops working in lipstick, that's what i observe with 2.0.1.7.

Last edited by BluesLee; 2016-03-05 at 12:46.

Thanks for this information. So, I made some analysis and yes, the KOT49H driver eats too much CPU but not in the same way as does the KTU84x.

With the KTU84x (the CM original driver), the driver eats CPU when it crashes.

The KOT49H didn't crash during my testing (I've switched to the KRT16M to see how things are going). I saw it eating too much CPU, but only when the phone was awake. As long as the phone is asleep, the CPU consumption is far from being significant. So, imho, that could be an acceptable tradeoff, because my N5 is asleep most of the time.

I'm keeping the KRT16M for a moment.

Originally Posted by RealJohnGalt View Post
When you say "better bluetooth," do you mean that you have working bluetooth audio with the cm11 base?

Edit: the sensor disparity is quite possibly related to bootloader version. When bootloader changes have broken blobs, z axis rotation has seemed (from my experiences) to have been the first to go. If you check strings or glance through leaked qcom vendor sources, you'll see that the differing blobs support the various hammerhead hardware.
basically headsets working with it. since they work with the Jolla phone but things go to **** on the N5

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 191 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bloomington, IL
Anyone out there using the Nexus 5 with Sailfish on T-Mobile US and have MMS working? I've tried all the APN settings I can think of and none of them seem to allow me to send a picture message.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jef91 For This Useful Post:
MMS doesn't work for me on the N5 in France.

The Following User Says Thank You to romu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
I couldn't get MMS to work for me on the N5 in the UK, but I don't know if that's because I bought the US version of the phone my mistake, or because of something specific to the Hammerhead port, or because it just doesn't work at all on Sailfish.

In my experience, MMS is pretty flaky on Sailfish anyway - I can receive MMS messages on my Jolla phone, but not send them (EE, UK).

I have working MMS with Jolla phone and Oneplus One in Finland. And I think I had it also with Nexus5 when I had that phone (If I hopefully remember right).
So MMS's are working with at least Jolla and Oneplus One with Sailfish Port.

Do you have "Settings - Mobile network - MMS Access Point" visible in Nexus 5?

If yes -> I would say that there is just some configuration problem with towards your Network provider.

ps.
https://together.jolla.com/question/...us-to-improve/

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by Jef91 View Post
Anyone out there using the Nexus 5 with Sailfish on T-Mobile US and have MMS working? I've tried all the APN settings I can think of and none of them seem to allow me to send a picture message.
It usually works if you switch to 2g. I think I got it working with 4g but I am not sure if it is working anymore.

Try the following setting:
Con name: T-Mobile MMS
apn: internet2.voicestream.com
proxy: 216.155.165.50
proxy port: 8080
mms message center: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms