Active Topics

Notices

Its funny, I was shopping online for about an hour for compact htpc keyboard/mouse combos and I completely forgot about this app!

I am very impressed with the mouse performance, but I am surprised that the hw keyboard desnt work for me out of the box.

After skimming through this thread I had read many posts of a fix for the earlier versions that involved opening up the power menu and closing it to enable the hw keyboard, then later posts explaining that the issue was fixed and even on the changelog for 0.3 it states that:

"BlueMaemo v0.3 Changelog:

* Added support for the hardware keyboard in all profiles"

Anyways, I would really appreciate if anyone could explain how to get the hw keyboard function working.

As well, I couldn't seem to use the volume keys for the left and right clicking, is this function available? Otherwise how can you drag or highlight?

Again this is a very impressive app! Saved me about 50 bucks

Thanks for such a great app!

Last edited by lordnibbla; 2010-12-02 at 04:34.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Is bluemaemo already on the standard application list? or still on dev?

Joseph, it's still in devel I'm afraid. Lordnibbla, the power button hw keyboard fix was a general keyboard focus fix for many apps that no longer works since PR1.2 I think.
Take a look at my dead thread for a workaround if you have easy debian it's a lot easier to fix:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=66215

P.S. You can use the "hold" button at the bottom of the screen if you want to drag

Last edited by Cue; 2010-12-02 at 06:35.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
Joseph, it's still in devel I'm afraid.
Thanks. Do we know when Bluemaemo could be released to standard application? Or, how complex is it to install devel level for someone who has no programming knowledge?

i wouldnt mind it workin in the first place never managed to get it going with my ps3 , never tryed it with any other bluetooth stuff . .

I'm not sure I understand?
Blue-maemo is already an application that you can install easily via the app manager but it is in the devel repository so it isn't actually meant for general use yet. I'm not sure when the author plans to move it to testing.

It already works relatively well but as with anything in the devel repository it comes with a warning that it may break things forcing you to reflash your device. If you still want to go ahead with it, the instructions to enable the extras-devel repository are here

http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-devel

Last edited by Cue; 2010-12-02 at 08:41.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
any chance you can add wifi connection to this app? wud be sick

Originally Posted by stevomanu View Post
i wouldnt mind it workin in the first place never managed to get it going with my ps3 , never tryed it with any other bluetooth stuff . .
I've managed to make it work for the PS3 but I've noticed that I have to pair it every time for it to connect successfully. This may be related to the same problem with my linux box where the bluetooth must be set to "visible" for it to connect. AFAIK the PS3 isn't visible unless you're pairing a device, so that may explain it, but I may be wrong.

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Genova (Italy)
Originally Posted by Joseph.skb View Post
Thanks. Do we know when Bluemaemo could be released to standard application? Or, how complex is it to install devel level for someone who has no programming knowledge?
It is not complex, you only have to add Extras-devel repository. If you want to try, I suggest you to add the repo, install BlueMaemo and then remove the repo.
I can't get BlueMaemo to work anymore after PR1.3, maybe you will be more lucky...

Lordnibbla, the power button hw keyboard fix was a general keyboard focus fix for many apps that no longer works since PR1.2 I think.
Take a look at my dead thread for a workaround if you have easy debian it's a lot easier to fix:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=66215

P.S. You can use the "hold" button at the bottom of the screen if you want to drag
Thanks so much for the reply Cue! As for your fix, I need to install easy debian over again as I had just recently received my refurbed N900 from Nokia and had to start from scratch. But I will try it when I do install that.

But as for the script that your other post mentions:

if you have easydebian installed, qole even made a nice script which you can use to fix bluemaemo too. just open bluemaemo connect to your pc then open a terminal on the n900 and do
I read the topic X keyboard input focus on N900 and from what I could understand this fix needs to be applied every time you want to use the hw keyboard on bluemaemo? please correct me if I'm wrong, because I would love to be wrong in this case

Other than that, I only mentioned the volume toggle because in researching this app I thought that I had read somewhere that it could be used as the left and right click. But of course I could be mistaken.

Thanks again for all your help.

The Following User Says Thank You to lordnibbla For This Useful Post:

Tags
bluemaemo, bluetooth, hid