Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
After replacing the battery, the battery widget and conky still show the previous battery level.....
How to solve or reset it?

Thank you Mentalist Traceur. I have to take closer look at this (after I come back from Peru month from now). I think I have required knowledge how to do it - thanks to http://al.robotfuzz.com/~al/maemo/u-boot/. Anyway It would be nice to have package in extra-devel with uboot: PK+nokia default kernel, or at least uboot package (those uboot-pr13 packages somehow don't work). Another thing came to mind, does anybody tried kexec to boot from nokia default kernel to PK ?

Last edited by mauron85; 2011-05-14 at 13:17.

I dont get how to dualboot with meego.
he says use uboot but u cannot install uboot with powerkernelv47 :/

Posts: 856 | Thanked: 1,681 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Aleppo ,Syria
usually n900 to pc transfer speed is about 15mb/s but after i use h-e-n with any usb drive the transfer speed between n900 and the pc (with a usb cable) goes down to 3mb/s

so : is this normal or is it casued by kernel-power v47?

please someone confirm

Pillum, it's because that version of uboot has explicit dependency on KP46, so you can't have uboot with KP47. The sad thing is that required KP46 is not present in extras-devel anymore, so you can't have uboot at all.

The Following User Says Thank You to mauron85 For This Useful Post:
so atm, you cant use MeeGo with v47?

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
No, you can still have u-boot (and by extension MeeGo) with Power47, you just have to be willing to read directions a little and do some work, instead of just clicking on a link in the app managers.

As for the above kexec question... Pali tried to see if he could get kexec to launch other kernels from within the console you can get now at boot with power47, but I don't believe it ever ended up working for him.

Posts: 856 | Thanked: 1,681 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Aleppo ,Syria
hello can some one tell me anything about my problem i have posted above

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
I decided to give the new version of power kernel a go (it's been about a year since i tried and then later removed it due to instability) and have a few comments:
-there's definitely a noticeable and pleasant improvement in the UI here and there for things i do regularly (running ideal with max 750) so it stays inside the original power envelope at all times).
-i haven't yet seen the instability in modrana that i encountered last time. Too early to say for sure yet but i'm hopeful.
-the "reboot" command now only shuts down, which is annoying. I seem to remember seeing this was a known bug and it didn't do it with the vanilla kernel.
-this package should be made to conflict with the old fcam-driver version that it is incompatible with so as to avoid destroying camera function: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=39091. apt-get install fcam-driver (bringing my installed version to the latest) fixed the problem but i missed a few photo opportunities today when all camera apps failed to work, and also had a need for the flashlight, which also wouldn't work.

Thanks for picking up the standard and moving forward with it, pali.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Last edited by Flandry; 2011-05-15 at 05:03.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by teohhanhui View Post
I've been using v46 before this without issues, but on v47 with my phone plugged in for overnight charging the battery sometimes drains/stops charging at some point (perhaps after receiving a message). It's quite a serious problem to find your battery almost empty in the morning.
I hope you triple-checked that it is not faulty charging cable issue? I repaired it twice, then, when it was damaged third time re-soldered it to completely different design (i talk about stock N900 wall charger) and problems perished.

I ask, cause Your problem seems to be totally unrelated with kernel-power, but of course i don't know for sure. Please, check that, and if its unrelated with kernel, report it back.

Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
this package should be made to conflict with the old fcam-driver version that it is incompatible with so as to avoid destroying camera function: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=39091. apt-get install fcam-driver (bringing my installed version to the latest) fixed the problem but i missed a few photo opportunities today when all camera apps failed to work, and also had a need for the flashlight, which also wouldn't work.
If reinstalling fcam-drivers solve the issue, package shouldn't be marked as conflicting, cause in this case, we couldn't reinstall fcam-drivers, without incompatibility messages forcing us to uninstall kernel-power (and, probably, bricking our device), and so goes on...

Or i miss something?

Last edited by Estel; 2011-05-15 at 09:39.

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou