Active Topics

Oh and another one

How can i switch The keyboard language

thank you

The Following User Says Thank You to ing005 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
@ing500, glad you got wifi working. Did you see e-yes post solution for you? Thank him, he is one of the nitdroid developer that made this all possible.

You can change language here, menu>Language & keyboard>Select language. How to change keyboard language is beyond me. Try forum.nitdroid.com, it is more technical there.

bun

Originally Posted by tubeat View Post
when i'm into droid the red light always blinkking n my n900 turn of automatically
my battery is fully charged
why is it happen?
help please

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Sep 2006 @ Mexico City, Mexico
Android Market:

I have upgraded to PR 1.3 and installed Nitdroid, using the installer except for partitioning the SD card which had to be done manually.

WiFi work flawlessly, even with encrypted WPA/PSK links. Cool !

My question is regarding the Market that is "seen" from the n900's Nitdroid. Some applications are missing, if compared to the Market from a formal Android phone. For instance Flash player is nowhere to be seen on the N900 Nitdroidmarket.

I know Google validates the SIM card in order to present information on the Market (i.e. which country is your SM card from) and it seems it is also validating if you are using an "official or approved Android device" or an "out-law Android device" (to call them somehow and make the difference point clear...)
Can someone comment on this please?

Another interesting issue: I installed the "Market Millionare" game application, (this one was indeed available at the Nitdroid's market) but, when launching the application for the first time, It already had a username set up. As if the application had been cloned from another phone (already configured app, that is), if you get the idea... This was kinda weird. Comments? who has seen something similar?

Thanks in advance for your comments and hints. Best regards.

febb

The Following User Says Thank You to febb For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
@ febb

Haven't seen anything like that in my setup, but haven't tried that particular app. I have purchased apps, and had them show up in new installations as downloadable (purchased). In other words, my purchased apps are tied to my gmail account.

Try this fix for the market, or browse the nitdroid forums for other market fixes.

The Following User Says Thank You to lemmyslender For This Useful Post:
@lemmyslender

Thanks for the hint. I did the whole procedure as stated on the video tutorial and it indeed opened the Market to (almost) all applications.

There were only a few apps that are nowhere to be seen, such as Flash Player for Android...

And some others are there, such as YouTube (standalone app) that do not install no matter what: (unsuccessful installation on the notification bar).

I had some errors on some apps stating that my Kernel (Nitdroid Kernel, installed 1 week ago or so with the installer) has NO support for IPv6... go figure !...

Have you had similar issues with the "opened" (so so say) Market ?

On other issue, today, I ran again the "Market Millionaire" application and, again, my id has been changed. It is as if the Adroid-ID or phone-id (on this N900 install) is the same as the one on some other(s) phone(s)...curious. Could some of you download the Market Millionaire and test if you get the same results.

Thanks in advance. Kind regards.

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
I think the market thing varies from person to person depending on carrier and location. I don't have a real android phone to compare with, so I can't tell if there is anything missing. I think some things may be. But there are far more apps than before the fix, so I'm OK with that.

I installed both Market Millionaire Classic and Enhanced. Classic had a user of "ak" and Enhanced had a user of "NOK". Haven't seen anything like that before, but haven't installed any other apps that keep track of stats like that. Might be a problem on their end?

Already have Flash installed (download at nitdroid?) Youtube won't install for me either, but there is already a version installed. Won't play videos though. But I think youtube is problematic anyway.

The Following User Says Thank You to lemmyslender For This Useful Post:
Aha !... The user "Nok" is the one I set up this afternoon, after launching the app and had some other user already set-up again. (I don't recall).
Could you please try changing the "NOK" user to some of your choosing...and lets see if I "see" that user on my phone ...

Interesting stuff here...isn't it !! ?

That issue (the Millionare Market) seems to be related to NitDroid.

I do have a Nexus One with Android 2.2.1 and the same app installed. It has never behaved strangely as the Market Millionaire on the N900. My wife has an iPod touch, the same app installed and it also behaves correctly. So, the issue seems to be somehow directly related to Nitdroid...don't know if the problem is on the Nitdroid side itself or on the Millionaire Market servers tough.

There must be some ID that is kind of hardcoded on Nitdroid...or, the app servers fail to uniquely identify each phone for some reason. This may have huge security implications. beware of that ! (This is Nitdroid only !)

Last edited by febb; 2010-11-02 at 03:32.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Get flash player here. You may have to dl to a folder and install with any file manager

After installation, test with http://m.kongregate.com/games/BryceS...mbler-mobile-2, not youtube. Youtube has problem.

Warning, it is a very addictive game, pics here, thread #46

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-11-03 at 03:31.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but is there a way to transfer your contacts from Maemo to Android on the N900?

Tags
bada rox, face coconut, face palm, nitdroid n900