Active Topics

Originally Posted by col37400 View Post
I can't find v46 in extras-devel .... v47 is there, but if I try and install it, I just get an error message, saying it can't install because of conflicting application packages (kernel-modules-maemo and kernel-maemo).
Can't provide direct link, as now I'm @ area with low edge signal = searching take ages, but I'm absolutely sure that problem with conflicting packages was already mentioned few times in this thread, not so long ago (last 10 pages?) - please, search it for yourself

Also, You can force apt-get to install older version, which i discourage you to do, because v47 is HUGE step forward (new kernel version weren't released for a long time - because old maintainer disappeared - so pali implemented many upgrades in just +1 version number)

Good luck on searching

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Sorry for going into flamewar related area, but could You please stop bloating this thread with this crap? Personally, i respect (and even like) Your overall contribution to community on this forum, but since d*ckish russian roulette script, you create at least same amount of bloat as people unable to read entire topic for possible solution.

Rationale: extras-devel repository, keeping in mind all warnings about eating dogs taking wifes etc, is still supposed to be used and cross-tested for all kind of problems, then, reporting them.

I know that guys about battery temperature are most irritating, but Fcam drivers were reported SECOND time, and guy just excused in advance, that he was not able to read whole topic. Also, he asked for working combination of code versions, EXCLUDING extras-only (because kernel-power is in devel, so from start this question exclude "stick to extras" variant).

I feel little disgusted by explaining such basic things to intelligent person, especially that You know all of this already... In such a light, your post was totally useless, ignoring what user asked about. Also, it creates another useless post (mine), cause I'm sick of seeing Your ego-creative useless bloat again and again - and it is NOT less irritating that battery temp posts.

Thanks in advance and i hope that no offense taken.

// edit

Yes, You're missing that vi_ post wasn't aimed at helping anyone. So bloat count caused by him increased +1 post above what i written here...

Kerlen-power v23 is still in testing just because former developer dropped it without any notice, and other package maintainers doesn't want to give maintainer rights to pali or anyone else. So, It's outdated as hell. Current version of kernel-power that can be considered "Stable" is v46, you can find it in devel.

Also, outside repositories, there is v46wl1 version, that incorporates bleeding-edge wifi drivers - allow to use packet injections, like aircrack-ng thing. The only difference is because injection drivers modules were added, so it's also stable.

Kernel-power from pali is v47 and it got wl1 things also, and its in extras-devel. You're encouraged to try it and report problems, but keep in mind all extras-devel warnings. Also, please search this thread before posting bug report - maybe this bug was already posted.

[Off-topic]
Thank You for Your question, cause because of this my post is not as useless as it was before, thanks to vi_...
[/Off-topic]

// edit 2

As we can read in topic linked by petur, this problem is already solved, and was unrelated to both CSSU and kernel-power (expired certificate of supl.google.com). Petur forget to edit his post after that, so i add it here - we can filter out gps thing from possible kernel-powerv47 problems.
My only regret is not posting an ash compliant script first time around.

I feel little disgusted by explaining such basic things to intelligent person, especially that You know all of this already... In such a light, your post was totally useless, ignoring what user asked about. Also, it creates another useless post (mine), cause I'm sick of seeing Your ego-creative useless bloat again and again - and it is NOT less irritating that battery temp posts.
Are you on ****** drugs? You seem to attribute a great deal more information to the OP post than it contains. At which point did he state 'extras' only.

Thanks in advance and i hope that no offense taken.
orly?

Last edited by vi_; 2011-05-13 at 08:01.

He not stated that he want "extras only", but You "helped" him by suggesting to use "extras only".

the stable software is kept in the stable repository called 'extras'. You will also find the appropriate fcam driver there too.
Nice statement, but totally not on-topic of the question he askes. Especially, that power-kernel on extras is VERY old now and totally unusable in pr1.3, due to mess with package maintaining.

Anyway, you EXACTLY know what i mean. If you only regret not making more people harm their devices by your "advises", I'm not going to continue this discussion - let mods judge on this. It's just sad that respected member like You can fall so low, literally under the bottom.

/Estel

Is it possible to multiboot with U-Boot?
As far I understand currently multiboot works that it always flashes selected kernel.

The Following User Says Thank You to mauron85 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
A couple of users already reported problems with bluetooth after upgrading to powerv47, but never got a response.

I am using updated openobex/obexd from this thread (also see wiki) for accessing N900 from my carkit.
Connecting to my carkit and dialling is still working, but the other day I noticed that sound is not transmitted anymore.

I am pretty sure this was introduced by powerv47.
Can someone please confirm that v47 includes some bluetooth related changes and what?
Maybe the relevant information will help the devs of obexd creating a new version that works with v47!?

QNeptunea -
Best Twitter Client for N9/N950 - HowTo Create Themes

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Reflektorfalke View Post
A couple of users already reported problems with bluetooth after upgrading to powerv47, but never got a response.

I am using updated openobex/obexd from this thread (also see wiki) for accessing N900 from my carkit.
Connecting to my carkit and dialling is still working, but the other day I noticed that sound is not transmitted anymore.

I am pretty sure this was introduced by powerv47.
Can someone please confirm that v47 includes some bluetooth related changes and what?
Maybe the relevant information will help the devs of obexd creating a new version that works with v47!?
Yes, there is a patch for bluetooth system in KP46, it is for (lots of) bluetooth mice to work. What seems very strange for me is that all those reports appear last couple of weeks, KP46 was in extras-devel for about six months or so. Which kernel were you using before KP47?

Anyway, I am the author of the patch which is suspected to break compatibility with some BT audio devices. I will appreciate any information that will help me (or other kernel developers here) to produce a patch that will allow both mice and audio devices to coexist in peace. But please, there is a place to report bugs, throwing information in a thread with several hundred posts won't speed things up. I have already been PMed by retsaw and have his promise for a bug report when he has some information to share.

And I realy hope it is not the same situation where both KP and CSSU were blamed to break functionality because of gstreamer-av.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Yes, there is a patch for bluetooth system in KP46, it is for (lots of) bluetooth mice to work. What seems very strange for me is that all those reports appear last couple of weeks, KP46 was in extras-devel for about six months or so. Which kernel were you using before KP47?

Anyway, I am the author of the patch which is suspected to break compatibility with some BT audio devices. I will appreciate any information that will help me (or other kernel developers here) to produce a patch that will allow both mice and audio devices to coexist in peace. But please, there is a place to report bugs, throwing information in a thread with several hundred posts won't speed things up. I have already been PMed by retsaw and have his promise for a bug report when he has some information to share.

And I realy hope it is not the same situation where both KP and CSSU were blamed to break functionality because of gstreamer-av.
I was using v46 before and BT was working fine with my carkit.
Sorry, but I am no developer and canīt give you detailed information besides what can be found in the thread/wiki I mentioned...maybe those developers (e.g. mirakels) who created the updated obexd can give you more details.
I have also no idea where and how to create a bug report, sorry again.
I blamed neither KP nor CSSU to be the cause, just asking if it "might" be possible as I am pretty sure it broke with v47 update

QNeptunea -
Best Twitter Client for N9/N950 - HowTo Create Themes

The Following User Says Thank You to Reflektorfalke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Reflektorfalke View Post
I was using v46 before and BT was working fine with my carkit.
Sorry, but I am no developer and canīt give you detailed information besides what can be found in the thread/wiki I mentioned...maybe those developers (e.g. mirakels) who created the updated obexd can give you more details.
I have also no idea where and how to create a bug report, sorry again.
I blamed neither KP nor CSSU to be the cause, just asking if it "might" be possible as I am pretty sure it broke with v47 update
Follow bugtracker link here http://maemo.org/packages/view/kernel-power/ for bug reporting. And as bluetooth mice patch was existing in KP46, I am pretty sure that it is not the root of your problems. Which does not mean that some other patch in KP47 does not break thinks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by mauron85 View Post
Is it possible to multiboot with U-Boot?
As far I understand currently multiboot works that it always flashes selected kernel.
You can, but one of the kernels you include in Multiboot (or more than one, or all of them, depending on how often you want access to U-Boot) needs to have the u-boot image prepended to the kernel image.

Basically, you do the process you normally do to the kernel image to add u-boot to it, but repeat it on the kernel images that multiboot uses to reflash the kernel partition. (I don't vouch for the safety of u-boot being prepended to the NITDroid kernel, but everything I do know suggests it should be fine).

Anyway, what will happen is uboot will load first, and then when you tell it to keep loading the kernel, if you're booting with the keyboard out, it'll take you to the multiboot menu like normal.

If you neglect to include a u-boot+kernel kernel image as one of your kernels that multiboot has, however, once you switch kernels with multiboot you'll loose u-boot. As for how to actually replace multiboot's kernels... I'd say just take the zImage and do the u-boot attaching process as always (convert to uImage, append to u-boot image with dd); then rename to whatever multiboot wants you to name the kernels, and overwrite. I would think that's all you need to do...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
I've been using v46 before this without issues, but on v47 with my phone plugged in for overnight charging the battery sometimes drains/stops charging at some point (perhaps after receiving a message). It's quite a serious problem to find your battery almost empty in the morning.

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou