Notices

Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by eduperez View Post
My problem is: I use it to listen to audiobooks. Each audiobook is in a folder, with a m3u file. I used to just open the m3u file and it automatically remembered the previous listening position. When I opened another m3u file, it remembered the position in that playlist.
Sorry for this bug, I've fixed it now.
https://github.com/xerxes2/panucci/c...8ee43dd5e6cad6

So resuming with multiple playlists should work fine again.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

Originally Posted by pelago View Post
I guess if I'm at the end of the playlist and no track is currently playing and I do "Add file", then yes, it would be good to start playing that track immediately.
This sounds reasonable enough, should be fixed now:
https://github.com/xerxes2/panucci/c...39c7813acb56b8
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

Ok I've made some updates to Panucci that need some testing. Outside of improvements and bug fixes in the core there are some new features that might be usable:

* seeking is now possible all the time a file is loaded. both with buttons and progress bar
* play/pause on cover art
* automatic resuming of last played file on multiple playlists (persistent)
* automatic resuming of all files in the current playlist (optional, non persistent)
* resuming from gpodder with multiple files
* FM transmitter in menu

If you want to test it just grab the source from git ( https://github.com/xerxes2/panucci ) and replace the python files in /opt/panucci . Also it would be nice if someone tested this on meego too, just run "make install" as root should be enough. The deps you can probably just grab with zypper, running "panucci --qt" in a terminal should show you what you're missing. If not anything blows up 0.99.2 will soon be released.

The Following User Says Thank You to xerxes2 For This Useful Post:
Ok new package is up, please test and report any problems you find, TIA.

Ok I got some help by thp to get started on a qml ui for Panucci. Only the player window done so far, will take a few weeks to get it done.

Edit: Forgot to say that you run it with the --qml switch.
Attached Images

Last edited by xerxes2; 2011-06-12 at 21:34.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xerxes2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by xerxes2 View Post
Ok I got some help by thp to get started on a qml ui for Panucci. Only the player window done so far, will take a few weeks to get it done.
Good work! You might want to replace the GStreamer backend with the Qt Mobility Multimedia QML components (i.e. Audio and Video, from QtMultimediaKit):

http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qtmobility-1...ultimedia.html

This could reduce the direct library dependencies and make the app logic even simpler.

It can't be much simpler than gstreamer. The whole gstreamer code in Panucci is one file in 129 lines. I cleaned up the backend a while ago and it is modular so it's easy to add support for more media frameworks if you want. Only gstreamer is supported now though and I don't plan on adding more myself, at least not right now.

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by xerxes2 View Post
It can't be much simpler than gstreamer. The whole gstreamer code in Panucci is one file in 129 lines. I cleaned up the backend a while ago and it is modular so it's easy to add support for more media frameworks if you want. Only gstreamer is supported now though and I don't plan on adding more myself, at least not right now.
Still, only 5 lines in QML:

Code:
import QtMultimediaKit 1.0

Audio {
    source: '/path/to/file.mp3'
    playing: true
}

Hehe, well, it's not that many lines in Gstreamer either, and a playbin element plays videos too.
Code:
import gst
import gobject
gobject.threads_init()

player = gst.element_factory_make('playbin2', 'player')
player.set_property("uri", "file:///path/to/file.mp3")
player.set_state(gst.STATE_PLAYING)

Ok another update. I've been coding on the qml ui a few hours a day and it should be feature complete now. I just went through it and tested all features and took a few scrots. Also, I wouldn't have managed to learn qml in a few days, more like a few months, without the help from thp and his awesome tutorials at the qt docs. Lots of small tricks you'll have to learn to "communicate" with qml. Not that difficult once you learn it though. Before you test it i can already say that the qml ui blows the others out of the pond. QML is pure awesome on tablets, even though I don't have one I can just feel it. Haven't started on making it pretty yet, have fun with it.
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xerxes2 For This Useful Post:

Tags
barbiestrsand