Notices

Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
Is there anyway to integrate facebook chat into telepathy?
Is there any point in this now since Facebook chat is now already integrated in the device through jabber?

The Following User Says Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:
Anyone know of a way to check my facebook messages and reply to them without actually going onto the website? At work I have the worst interference ever, Im sooo sure someone is doing something illegal near by as I get 3g at the door and then 1 bar on 2g at my desk about 2m away!

I have the messages forwarded to my email address so I can read them but how could I reply? Any ideas on an update maybe for the facebook app?

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Spotfist,
Some people seem to be able to reply to facebook's E-mails directly:
http://www.downloadsquad.com/2009/12...tatus-updates/

But looks that this is one option:
http://nutshellmail.com/

ye I read something similar but alas this is for updates only?!?! makes perfect sense of course...

I tried the same with messages but I knew it wouldn't work as the address the messages are sent from is noreply@facebook.com.

I shall have a look at nutshell, Im at work now and of course working for the gistapo means I am banned from most websites of this nature, if only I had a phone with full internet capabilities... Oh wait!

It does seem that this kind of thing would be a perfect addition to the current faacebook app, it shows that you have a message so why not be able to reply to it like facebook chat or sms?

i didn't find the proper version of windows live messenger for N900 on the www.microsoft.com/download

only for Symbian 3rd, Windows Mobile, Java are available.

Thats because a proper one doesnt exist.

However there are 'updates' to the conversations part of the phone in the repositories and also pidgin.

The Following User Says Thank You to Matthaus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
please install msn (pecan) from extras testing.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-testing

The software hosted in extras-testing is not ready for normal users!

PLEASE use it only for testing purposes. Be ready to file proper bug reports instead of posting complaints. Potential problems: crashes, battery drain, poor system performance, full disk space & more - SERIOUSLY!
Backing up your data is recommended. In case of trouble you might need to re-flash your device.
installing msn (pecan) is safe, but please disable extras testing afterwards.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Or download Pidgin Messenger

The Following User Says Thank You to Snaps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by gddhthrhrhr@yahoo.com View Post
i didn't find the proper version of windows live messenger for N900 on the www.microsoft.com/download

only for Symbian 3rd, Windows Mobile, Java are available.
If you insist on official software, ask Microsoft to provide it? :-D

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
The thread "how do i use microsoft widows live messenger?" with five posts has been merged into this thread.

Tags
aim, client, facebook, fremantle, fring, googletalk, haze, icq, implementing msn, instant message, instant messaging, jabber, maemo, maemo 5, msn, pidgin, purple, sametime, skype, telepathy, y!m, yahoo