Notices

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Lebanon
Hello taixzo .. first thank you for your grrat application .. second I can't install it it still : preparing for installation
Searching for required applications please wait

So anyone can tell me how to install it ?

The Following User Says Thank You to Rabah_vip For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
taixzo,

The log of the dependencies missing shows the following are required from you:
  • pocketsphinx-utils
  • pocketsphinx-hmm-en-hub4wsj
  • pocketsphinx-lm-en-hub4
  • gstreamer0.10-pocketsphinx
  • python-gst0.10

Basically only python-beautifulsoup is available from the repo while python-gst0.10 is available but can't be downloaded maybe due to the repo being down...
Right, I forgot about those. I got the Pocketsphinx packages from http://depot.javispedro.com/nit/harm/sphinx/, and the gstreamer packages are from the harmattan-dev repo.

Is there some way to merge debian packages? I don't want users to have to hunt all those down just to install this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
taixzo,

You can create a GOD package of all .debs required but its a mess; you may want to see this for instructions as well as why it should be avoided...

Alternatively, you can post a .tar.gz with all the .debs required and a user just extracts it anywhere and does a dpkg -i *.deb to install all the files in one go which would be better in the longer run IMO...

In addition to those earlier dependencies, libsphinxbase1_7.0-0svn11246_armel.deb & libpocketsphinx1_7.0-0svn11247_armel.deb are also required from that same link you provided...

I have got it all set-up but I'm getting saera.py is not responding error everytime and testing etc don't give any output so I'll maybe try removing all the packages and install them in whole instead of the piecemeal I had done earlier...

Edit: I re set-up everything and it does manage to capture input now; one thing I realized was its trying to use modrana which is not a listed dependency; maybe you want to use stock Nokia Maps for the N9? The not responding message appears but since I was outputting via terminal I realized that while the message appears the app is actually calling on google's speech api hence the system message is somewhat mis-leading...

Also since harmattan-dev is down, python-gst0.10 can be gotten from my dropbox...

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-12-30 at 18:32.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Edit: I re set-up everything and it does manage to capture input now; one thing I realized was its trying to use modrana which is not a listed dependency; maybe you want to use stock Nokia Maps for the N9? The not responding message appears but since I was outputting via terminal I realized that while the message appears the app is actually calling on google's speech api hence the system message is somewhat mis-leading...

Also since harmattan-dev is down, python-gst0.10 can be gotten from my dropbox...
I'll add modrana as a dependency; I can't use Nokia Maps because it doesn't support some of the things I am using modrana for (such as returning position or map images). I'll look into the hanging issue; it should be possible to make that asynchronous. Also, thanks for the .deb link! Is there a mirror of harmattan-dev somewhere?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Amazing work taixzo do you take donations?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 169 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Toronto, Canada
So, i've been trying to get the N9 version to run. I tracked down all the dependencies, except Espeak, which I can get from apt-get, HOWEVER, I can't get python-beautifulsoup, I cannot track it down. Any help?

The Following User Says Thank You to SolarisSixth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Lebanon
Hi taixzo please release the .deb file to be used and easy for us .. and thank you

The Following User Says Thank You to Rabah_vip For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mariusmssj
Amazing work taixzo do you take donations?
I don't have a paypal account set up, but I could set one up if there is interest.

Originally Posted by SolarisSixth View Post
So, i've been trying to get the N9 version to run. I tracked down all the dependencies, except Espeak, which I can get from apt-get, HOWEVER, I can't get python-beautifulsoup, I cannot track it down. Any help?
That is kind of odd - apt-cache policy python-beautifulsoup shows it as being in nokia's main repository, and I didn't have to go anywhere else to get it. Did you run apt-get update first?
Espeak I installed from rzr's repo. I'll upload the .debs to my server.

Originally Posted by Rabah_vip
Hi taixzo please release the .deb file to be used and easy for us .. and thank you
What do you mean? I did post the .deb a few posts back. It is not easy to install yet because I am still working on it; here are basic installation instructions, if these are complicated wait until I get things better sorted out:
  1. Download the following files to your N9 or N950:
    espeak_1.46.11_armel.deb
    espeak-data_1.46.11_all.deb
    libespeak_1.46.11_armel.deb
    python-gst0.10_0.10.21-1maemo2+0m6_armel.deb
    saera_0.0.1_armel.deb
    gstreamer0.10-pocketsphinx_7.0-0svn11247_armel.deb
    libpocketsphinx1_7.0-0svn11247_armel.deb
    libsphinxbase1_7.0-0svn11246_armel.deb
    pocketsphinx-hmm-en-hub4wsj_7.0-0svn11247_all.deb
    pocketsphinx-lm-en-hub4_7.0-0svn11247_all.deb
    pocketsphinx-utils_7.0-0svn11247_armel.deb
  2. Code:
    devel-su
  3. Code:
    apt-get install python-gobject python-beautifulsoup wget
    dpkg -i *.deb

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
taixzo,
You can create a GOD package of all .debs required but its a mess; you may want to see this for instructions as well as why it should be avoided...

Alternatively, you can post a .tar.gz with all the .debs required and a user just extracts it anywhere and does a dpkg -i *.deb to install all the files in one go which would be better in the longer run IMO...
Another possibility might be to get Saera & all the dependencies to RzR's community repo. Then users would just have to add the repo and install Saera - getting all needed dependencies installed automatically. Installation instructions could be probably condensed to 2 lines of shell.

Last edited by MartinK; 2012-12-31 at 02:42.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 169 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Toronto, Canada
Yup, I got every single package except python-beautifulsoup.

I can't get it, I try to download it, says it's stuck. Maybe I can disable some repos and try again? I don't think it would conflict because it's from the main repositories.

apt-get update gets stuck at the same point, the other repositories update but gets stuck at harmattan-dev

The Following User Says Thank You to SolarisSixth For This Useful Post:

Tags
saera, speech-to-text