Closed Thread
ran this... it updated 6 packages on mine... i dont notice any changes at all thou.

is this sort of April's fool joke?

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Hi Telnet,
Could you tell whether Qt is updated to 4.6?

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
I wouldn't recommend upgrading with apt-get. I did it (very early) when PR1.1 came out. It didn't get all packages. One package in particular was missing. I can't recall the name of it, but it was some sort of meta package that pulled in a load of extra stuff in. I only found about it after being quite puzzled by the fact, that despite the upgrade my version number didn't change. After installing the meta package (and all it's dependencies) everything was fine and my version number was correct.

I'll see if I can figure out the name of that meta package...

EDIT: Found it. It's called "mp-fremantle-generic-pr".

I just ran "apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade" and there was nothing interesting to update.

Last edited by Cthulhu; 2010-03-29 at 19:55.

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Apt-get upgrade with extras-devel enabled is a one-way ticket to brickland. Why don't you patiently wait for the official release?

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United Kingdon
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
Apt-get upgrade with extras-devel enabled is a one-way ticket to brickland. Why don't you patiently wait for the official release?
1] Impatience
2] Because if it gets bricked its no biggy to re-flash

Oh and no, didnt have extras-devel enabled..

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Planet Earth
Tomorrow is the day for sure !

Originally Posted by MatMat View Post
Tomorrow is the day for sure !
They couldn't have chosen a better date for a grand update than april 1st, haha. You know what would be even more hilarious? If you get the update prompt, start installing and in the end your N900 resets and you get an "APRIL FOOLS!" message as your boot video.

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Planet Earth
April 1st is not a global day, so this is not important.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by MatMat View Post
April 1st is not a global day, so this is not important.
if we get pr 1.2 1st of april. I would say the day is pretty important.

Closed Thread

Tags
avoid thread, fictional update, firmware, fremantle, future, goodwin's law, it will be on 12.21.2012, maemo, maemo 5, may be it's a myth?, may be next week, maybe april fools, maybe not, patience is a virtue, patience wastes your life, post generator, pr 1.2, pr1.2, product release, repost, rerun, rick roll'd, speculation, update, worst thread ever