Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Looking great! The top banner (top especially, the one that you like more), would have to be without text for Kirigami. It adds text and icon via its code.

It all looks really great, thank you! I presume we will make thinner icon at https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...&postcount=492 for Nearby, right?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
PS: SFOS would also need regular thin navigation icon (position marker in the middle?) for a menu.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
PS: SFOS would also need regular thin navigation icon (position marker in the middle?) for a menu.
Ahh, i think i have not fully understood where the nav-to nav-from icons are even used.
I was under the impression that row1 nav icons could yield as general nav/route icon and as nav-to icon.

Placing the marker in the middle was confusing so i placed it left bottom.

For the sfos icon there is not much more possible. It already now is very "full" and placing the marker in the middle would need another ball to end the road.
Tried already and that was one reason to go left bottom marker placement.

Banner with removed text is here:

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
To and From are used in POI Info page. So, if you click on bookmarked location on a map, click on "i", then you will see a page where they are.

As for SFOS, let it be then as is. Although, while "From" is logically fine, "To" version should probably have a position marker pointed as if you arrived to that location. Right now, its just road direction is swapped. But maybe its OK

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
regarding the nearby search, i played with fellfroschs draft. Results in row 3, right is original.

Above that i did an abbreviation from the "marker_stroked" that is used in puremaps also. It looks quite similar to the nearby search icon already used in sailfish and thus could be modified quiet easy to get sailfishified.
The rings should resemble some kind of epi center and give weight compared to the existing icons. Thickness of the rings is same as the road and Magnify glass handle.
The lines should be thick enough to also be usable as kirigami icon when all black.

Attached Files
File Type: zip nearby_search.zip (2.4 KB, 16 views)

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Regarding the nearby search icon:
The middle icon is worse then mine . The left one better . I would vote for that one. The epicenter thing is also not that bad, here we should have some feedback from others which one is more intuitive.

Navigation icon is good and well balanced. Nothing irritating anymore.

Search icon in the upper left edge is in my opinion better than that below.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 173 | Thanked: 512 times | Joined on Jul 2018 @ Guatemala
thanks @mosen for the beautiful icons desing, loooks goood.
-why not put number on icons, to an easy choose/vote?

Last edited by carlosgonz; 2019-03-13 at 19:51.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carlosgonz For This Useful Post:
I greatly accept your thanks for investing the time and shift vectors
BUT those icons are true collaborative work in its full beauty! If it was not for Fellfrosch giving his drafts rinigus taking the lead in decision making and your all comments, my things would still be somewhere at this level.

Especially towards Fellfrosch it is important to give credit. I know the feeling if work you did is not visible to the user or even revised like the logo. Only we insiders now that most of the things i did is actually based on his hints and comments.

See the latest nearby markers for example. It may look like i discarded Fellfroschs idea to have a position-marker with arrows as nearby logo.
But actually only while playing around with his approach i realized that arrows are too detailed (for kirigami) and formed them into triangles. Realizing that it is the 4 tips that made the icon look tiny in comparison. The opposite was circles that perfectly could be drawn in fitting line-width. Looking for nearby icon approaches that involved circles online, the epi-center variant struck me and was easily doable in map and all menu versions.

So, regarding credits i would like to ask rinigus to mention everyone in the icon credits that participated with svg drafts in this collaboration.

From you all kindly ignoring the map-layer icon i posted some pages back i concluded it was **** and now simply copied the sfos-layer-icon style to the other variants.
Better like that?
The two lower layers could be same color also, but i tried to introduce 2 transparency stages to look nice with the nearby logo.

Originally Posted by carlosgonz View Post
-why not put number on icons, to an easy choose/vote?
Too lazy This is all simply screenshots from my workflow.

Last edited by mosen; 2019-03-13 at 20:37.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Re credits: credits are formulated alphabetically right now (see https://github.com/rinigus/pure-maps...utPage.qml#L79) and I fully agree with the assessment of the credits. Note that they were formulated already earlier . Credit for photo is still missing, but that I have to fix after I get back home (on a short trip right now => cannot follow what's going on here either).

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2016 @ Yekaterinbourg, Russia
@rinigus. I'm sorry for question about another application - SystemDataScope. It's a similar story with album orientation: Time->Main_graphs->empty screen

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to XOleg For This Useful Post: