Active Topics

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ France
Well well well ... now my phone doesn't want to start ... but actually I'm not even sure if it's related to the KP update.

Here is the story :

Yesterday, I discovered there was a new CSSU-thumb update. And because I have also seen the KP update, I thank i could do a full update.
So I started by the CSSU update, and then rebooted the phone. It seemed to work, at the exception of the camera. The switch didn't activate the camera-menu, and all of the applications which use it show a black display. But I thought I will be able to check this later.

After that, I tried to perform the KP update, with backupmenu. I have also U-Boot installed, so I did it in the following way :
  1. in first, I removed U-boot, and the KP52 u-boot image
  2. then I updated backupmenu
  3. next, I updated KP
  4. after I reinstalled U-Boot
  5. I installed the KP53 U-Boot image
  6. and finally, I rebooted my phone, but it failed.

Now, when I try to start my phone, I have the U-Boot menu, and if I try to launch the attached kernel, I can see that I launch the zImage-2.6.28-omap1 kernel. After there is only a black screen.

Does somebody has an idea for fixing my phone ?

Why you removed uboot at first step? And why do not boot kp53 from uboot instead attached kernel?

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
In u-boot you see other options?

Else a solution could be to flash the kp53 kernel only (flash-only=kernel). Then you will loose u-boot but phone should start...

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Hey, I installed yesterday the last CSSU version 21.2011.38.
Before that I used the stable version.
Suddenly I didn't have wifi connection and the device couldn't see any wlan networks.
I use usually the device without sim. I booted the device several times and took the battery off. I couldn't see any wlan.
I also changed wlan settings and took the batterysaving off, no result.
Then I put the sim card in the device and after that the device worked and could find wlan networks.

I havn't installed the scripts.

After removing the simcard the device couldn't see any networks

It looks like regulatory settings... Maemo system set wifi regulatory zone from cellular information.

Originally Posted by pali View Post
It looks like regulatory settings... Maemo system set wifi regulatory zone from cellular information.
Why the stable version worked? I didn't have simcard and everything worked.

hmm... maybe something other... do not know

Originally Posted by pali View Post
Why you removed uboot at first step? And why do not boot kp53 from uboot instead attached kernel?
Because when I install a new kernel, it will flash the nand and there will not be u-boot during the start of my phone. So I have to reinstall it.

In the U-Boot menu, the only choices I have are "Attached kernel", "Internal eMMC", "External SD Card", "U-Boot boot order", and "U-Boot console". How can I choose the kernel ?

Originally Posted by Astaoth View Post
In the U-Boot menu, the only choices I have are "Attached kernel", "Internal eMMC", "External SD Card", "U-Boot boot order", and "U-Boot console". ?
This means that U-Boot cannot read config file which is stored in MyDocs FAT32 partition. There are some problems with tools (from MS too!) which format FAT partition incorrectly.

Quick fix is:
1) Boot kp53 via flasher-3.5 or 0xFFFF without flashing kernel image
2) Backup all data from MyDocs (if is still readable and not corrupted)
3) Format MyDocs (on Maemo or via USB mass storage mode with mkfs.vfat)
4) Copy backup back

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
The bootmenu.scr file is empty.