Active Topics

Posts: 238 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on May 2006 @ New Mexico, USA
Hi Mika...

you best read from the beginning of this thread... it will explain what is coming for the N800... and also provide you with info on beta testing (sort of).

Omega

[QUOTE=ichmoimeyo;60510]
Originally Posted by DryLand404 View Post
Does anyone have a recommended SIP provider other then sipphone. ..../QUOTE]

Try 'Internetcalls'.(Same organiztion as voipbuster but you also get a free** Incoming number):
http://www.internetcalls.com/en/index.html

Once you have installed the client on your PC, you can then grab the SIP details here to input into the nokia:
http://www.internetcalls.com/en/sipp.html

I was able to receive calls on my n800 using my free United Kingdom IN number by configuring the secondary account on the Gizmo logon screen. I was however not able to make outgoing calls. I am hoping that it was a Gizmo issue and am now looking forward to testing it out on this exciting new software once I manage to dowload it

EDIT - free**: I got my free UK number a while back. I have contacted Internetcalls to find out which countries have available numbers. Apparently you can only change your country of residence by reinstalling the software.
How did you get your free sip phone number ?
The URL you mention "SIP details", doesn't mention
your sip number. It did tell me how ever how to
set up the sipp account on the N800. From there,
I was able to type on the dial pad, and call my cellphone.
It worked. Its there a time limit on the calls to land lines?
Or is it really free. It would be great, if I could get a free
sip telephone#, so someone could phone the N800.
It seems like everone else charges for a real land-line# to sipp account.

But if you say it's free... great .. I would like to know
how I find out the sip number.

Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Nokia has since added a disclaimer on the rtcomm page pointing to bug 1667 saying it breaks the e-mail client, which isn't entirely true.
Anyone else having the same problem (broken email).
I also uninstalled ohand in order to install rtcomm.

When you say "not entirely true", do you mean there is a workaround
or fix? They was mentioned a "workaround" in the bug page,
but it didn't work for me.... still broken.

Any idea how to fix it? Thanks...

Has anyone had the evolution-data-server problem and been able to fix it without having to re-flash?

I have tried uninstalling everything to do with evolution, but most of the libs can not be removed. I re-installed contacts and then uninstalled to try to clean everything up, but no help. We frustrating...

thanks

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ La Rochelle, France
have you tried to disabled o-hand repository ?

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Barcelona, Spain
Originally Posted by iball View Post
Something's screwy with that repository....
"Remote end closed connection" errors in the app manager log.
Completely unable to install this.
Did you ever manage to fix this? I have the same problem...

Ton.

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
I can’t believe that I am able to contribute to this thread. When I was about to buy the N800 I knew that I wanted it to do this but had no idea how it could come about.

This has just crept in quietly out of the blue, simply amazing. I followed the instructions, installed everything, set it up for one of my SIP accounts - http://www.voiptalk.org/ - (I am based in UK) and then used it to call my brother in Ireland on his mobile phone.

The call quality was far from perfect but for the moment never mind, the point for me is that it worked. It can only get better from here on.

In response to previous posts, I then tried the email client to send and receive and that worked too.

This is just incredible.

I have more tests to do and will post back later.

fredoll, I did remove the o-hand repo and uninstalled all o-hand apps. No o-hand apps are listed as being installed, but evolution apps are listed when in Red Pill mode. I am not able to remove them. Are there other apps that must be removed before the evolution apps/libs? or a way that I can delete them, other then with the Application Manager?

In Red Pill Mode I have installed:

evolution-data-server
evolution-data-server-calendar
evolution-data-server-common

If I try it uninstall them it fails since they are required for other libs, but the libs can not be uninstalled either since they depend on the evolution-data-server. It is a circular reference, so neither one can be removed...

Last edited by GeerGuy; 2007-07-20 at 20:18.

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
To report back, I have configured Accounts with 4 SIP accounts. In addition to http://www.voiptalk.org/ I use http://www.draytel.org/.

Each SIP account has allocated me an incoming geographic number – London UK. Calls by mobile or landline to any of those numbers cause my N800 to ring and I can take them as with any incoming phone call.

The incoming sound quality from a mobile phone is very poor but the caller seemed to be able to hear me alright. I haven’t yet been able to try it with a landline call.

When I come to make an outgoing call I am presented with the list of my SIP accounts and need to select the one I want to use.

Also, in order to receive a call, presence has to be set to On.

I hope these observations are useful to someone.

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
I'm having an issue about the STUN server (public IP address). I'm using Gizmoproject (Sipphone) SIP account and in the sipphone web page you can see what IP address is registered with my device. It is always wrong and it doesn't matter if I set the stun server (stun01.sipphone.com) or leave it "automatic". It never works correctly. The "Discover public address" checkbox does not seem to make any difference either. My public IP is registered as as 198.65.166.131. This one stays the same even when I log out and in from the sipphone proxy server.

When I log in with my Gizmoproject client my public IP address is shown correctly. This means that the gizmoproject client does use STUN server properly.

Also if I try to change the default port 5060 to anything than default, like 5061, this new SIP client can no longer register with sipphone proxy server. (I do have another sipphone account in my home that uses Grandstream hardware SIP adapter, and that has no problem on using port 5060 or 5061.) When the port is set to 5060 is seem to be "random port" since every time I log out and in with the sip client the port is different. Right now it is shown as 36192.

Can anyone confirm having the same issues, or can you confirm that yours is working properly?