Active Topics

Based on Ari's blog.

http://jaaksi.blogspot.com/2010/02/t...p-forward.html

We will absolutely not forget N900 users and developers. If you are a developer, develop on N900 with Qt and your apps will run on MeeGo devices. If you are an N900 owner (or an owner wannabee) this is all good for you. All the MeeGo and Qt momentum will give you many more interesting applications to run on N900. Now and in the future.
Seems to me that the N900 will not be running Maemo 6 or MeeGo but rather it will benefit from running the cross-compatible QT apps developed across the various MeeGo platforms.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
I don't need Maemo 6/MeeGo as long there are enough apps and updates for Maemo 5.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NokiaRocks For This Useful Post:
Posts: 23 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Firenze - Italy
I've spent 600 Euro...I NEED Meego or Maemo 6....it's a MUST, for consumers that spent much much money on a device like N900...and a few months later read news like this...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mr_Hat For This Useful Post:
agree with mr. hat.

Other platforms are doing it, they understand when you spend large amounts of cash on apple/android/palm that people expect an upgrade, even if its from 1.0 to 3.0 and costs $15.

Maemo 6 should work with N900, based on same processor and I am sure they can work around the multitouch.

Originally Posted by Mr_Hat View Post
I've spent 600 Euro...I NEED Meego or Maemo 6....it's a MUST, for consumers that spent much much money on a device like N900...and a few months later read news like this...
Not to sound nasty about the whole NEED and MUST in there, but you do realize that unless your buying from some Government black ops, than wether you spend 6 Euro or 6000 Euro, by the time you take your knew device out of the box it is outdated and obsolete. You can't really demand inprovement. Yes, I hope we do get updates still for the N900 (I love mine).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FranzDages For This Useful Post:
Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Maemo 6 is MeeGo, they said so several times.
I'm curious, where did you see this at? I haven't seen any "official" word on that in my (all of) 5min of searching.

I suppose it doesn't really matter though, since Nokia likes to keep us in the dark about Maemo 6/Meego and N900. I guess now that Intel is on board, I'll be able to find out what is actually going on without having to wait on Nokia

Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Maemo 6 is MeeGo, they said so several times.
I thought they simply said Maemo 6 was going to be MeeGo compatible... not that it was MeeGo..
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by FranzDages View Post
Not to sound nasty about the whole NEED and MUST in there, but you do realize that unless your buying from some Government black ops, than wether you spend 6 Euro or 6000 Euro, by the time you take your knew device out of the box it is outdated and obsolete. You can't really demand inprovement. Yes, I hope we do get updates still for the N900 (I love mine).
you can if the device is 3 months old AND nokia's been advertising it all over the place. it's not about obsoleting a device naturally, this is like going freakin' dr. krivorkian on it as an infant. usually a device life cycle ends when the device's hardware is too old to keep up. the n900 ain't that yet.
and i know, it's comparing APPLES to freakin' oranges, but this is 2010 and iphone OS, blackberry OS, Android OS, and Windows (before 7) ALL can be loaded on the older phones. this is not 2005 with symbian 6.1 where you gotta buy a new phone to get a new FW.
it's implicit that a flagship phone shouldn't be cut out from underneath it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jobber99 For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Dec 2009
Will this Meego provision me?

I really do hope that n900 gets a maemo6/meego update, but even if it will not the device is great and there is always Mer?

Tags
just a bunch of