Closed Thread
Wouldn't it be preferable to have objective people on a council rather than hyped up fanboys/moderators that does nothing about the hostility that the members here express towards anyone that dares to complain about a Nokia device?

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I don't see any council members, current or past, who fit that description.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by slartibart View Post
Wouldn't it be preferable to have objective people on a council rather than hyped up fanboys/moderators that does nothing about the hostility that the members here express towards anyone that dares to complain about a Nokia device?
Only thing that i would ask from moderators is that they should merge all the complain threads and perm ban people who dont take hint for changing their attitude after one warning.

Well, that's a bit extreme, slender, but your sentiment is understood.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Perm ban is bit too much but some particular user gets really to my nerves.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Define "objective".

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Err, well, the next election is fast approaching. Please feel free to nominate and vote for the person or people you feel will do the best job.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Italy
Probably I just don't have the overview, what is pushed by the Community council and what is "tackled" by the community. Probably, I also have a different concept of what is being solved ;-)

Somehow I would imagine a more visible highlight for the official business. A forum is good channel to discuss, but I do not really find the active Campaigns (or whatever these can be called).

Vote on the N900 in the Engadget Awards!
My continously built proposal(-devel) for maemo.org community.
Do you want to save your favourite thing about maemo & community? Make sure you list it here.

We have not reached the state of formality you may have expected. I'm not sure how much desire for that there is, either... although I do wish for a bit more, myself.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by RenegadeFanboy View Post
Probably I just don't have the overview, what is pushed by the Community council and what is "tackled" by the community. Probably, I also have a different concept of what is being solved ;-)

Somehow I would imagine a more visible highlight for the official business. A forum is good channel to discuss, but I do not really find the active Campaigns (or whatever these can be called).
The council's primary goal is one of facilitation. So the idea really isn't to be very high profile and noticeable, but to work in the background connecting people and helping them make things happen.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
council