Active Topics

Posts: 263 | Thanked: 679 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Lyon, France
Coming very late to the thread. Is there anything left to do?

The Following User Says Thank You to dneary For This Useful Post:
Posts: 315 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ €@$T Montreal Quebec Canada
Originally Posted by krisse View Post
Well, if I'm going to be doing the new Maemo School videos and tutorials only about the new device(s), I might as well donate the old Internet Tablet School text to the wiki.

Please don't start copying any content yet though, I want to make sure a few problems are going to be sorted out before transferring anything.

Some of the content may be slightly out of date (for example putting a Diablo tablet into host mode is a lot more difficult than Chinook), but if it's wikified then anyone will be able to update it, so presumably this shouldn't be too big a problem. Presumably people will keep the target audience in mind when doing updates?

The thing that's most needed on the wiki is a separate tutorial index page. The current wiki index is alphabetical which doesn't really make it easy for beginners to browse (try browsing for how to send an e-mail for example). An index by theme, with articles manually ordered by importance (important basic stuff at the top of each theme) would be much more suited to beginners.

It would also be nice if there was some kind of prominent link on the site to the beginner's stuff because beginners are going to be less likely to explore the nooks and crannies of maemo.org.
I want to know if its possible to transduce all tabletschool in the future wiki of maemofr.org communauty.

Yes, in fact we decide to put maemo.org wiki in french on maemofr.org wiki and if you want tabletschool text and video.

We can transduce all text and video in french and i hope some others maemoXX.org be born like spanish, deutch or italian or mores.

Let me know if its good for you, if you accept, if i proceed in this way and where exactly is all contents you let us transduce if you want.

maemofr.org
French Noob

BorgTheme ¤ BorgSounds ¤ BorgStartUp ¤ BorgClock

Okay, well as I clearly haven't had the time to get this done I think it's fairest if I just donate everything currently on the Internet Tablet School site into the public domain:

http://tabletschool.blogspot.com/

Everyone feel free to use whatever you want from the text, providing it's something I've written. Obviously anything I'm quoting from other sources wouldn't be public domain.

I know putting stuff into the PD is irreversible, but that's probably the best place for N8X0 tutorials right now.

So... anyone who wants to use the N8X0-related text or the videos from Internet Tablet School please help yourself. A credit in any derivative works would be nice but there is no requirement for it.

The tutorial on moving RSS feels using OPML files isn't PD though, as that wasn't written by me, it was written by Thoughtfix. Everything else though is now public domain.

(This PD status only applies to stuff currently on there, it does not apply to any tutorials I do in the future, but they'd probably be on a different site anyway.)

Last edited by krisse; 2009-08-25 at 22:53.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to krisse For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I wil look at this as I get time and see where I can help.